StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE BOLLINGER "SQUEEZE" EXPLAINED....<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up
FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65583
Ignore FuriousThug
7/29/2008 8:34:42 PM

So I think I reversed this properly. Problem is, it yields a lot of low RSI stocks. Would it be wise to add a line for that 80-99 RSI?
Thanks.
FT

Fetcher[Show stocks where bollinger width(10) is at a 1 month low
do not draw bollinger width(10) 1 month low
do not draw bollinger diff(10)

Draw Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw Bollinger Bands(10,.10)
Draw 3-day slope of Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw parabolic Sar
Draw Linear Regression Indicator(20)
Draw Bollinger bands(10)

Draw COG(5,3)
Weekly RSI(2) is below Weekly RSI(2) 1-day ago
Draw Weekly RSI(2) line at 99
Draw Weekly RSI(2) line at 0
FI(2) is below FI(2) 1-day ago

NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

NORMALIZE RSI(2) */

set{RSval, INDPOSITION(RSI(2), 60) * 100}

NORMALIZE williams %r(2) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(2), 60) * 100 }

DRAW THE MR CCIWLR CHART

and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval

Draw Bearpower on plot Bullpower
Draw Bullpower line at 0
Draw MACD(4,8)
Draw Williams %R(20) line at -75
Draw Williams %R(2)

volume is above 300000
sort column 3 descending
chart-time 45-days
close is above 10

Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}

set{mhis,indposition(macd(4,8) histogram,60)}
set{mhist,macd(4,8) histogram}
set{mhisb,days(mhist is above 0, 100)}
set{mhisa,days(mhist is below 0, 100)}
set{hstxhst, mhisa - mhisb}
set{var1,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago < macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisp,days(var1 < .5,100)}
set{var11,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago > macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisn,days(var11 < .5,100)}

set{ rsidownweek, count( Weekly RSI(2) is below Weekly RSI(2) 1 week ago, 1) }

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column sector
add column industry
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column rsidownweek
add column Weekly RSI(2)
add column Weekly RSI(2) 1-day ago(1dayago)
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column FI(2)
add column FI(2) 1-day ago(1dayago)
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column PE
add column EPS
add column ROE
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column mhisp
add column mhisn
add column hstxhst
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65584
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
7/29/2008 9:01:51 PM

And w/r/t candle patterns: what would you expect to see? Falling Three Methods? Bearish Kicking? Crows? Necks?

EDIT: Seeing a lot of "three inside/outside down" or at least the engulfing line portion of those patterns. But even in the four weeks I've looked back over, you could probably teach the most popular candlestick (bearish, at least) patterns using this filter...

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65585
Ignore FuriousThug
7/29/2008 9:09:25 PM

Actually, looking back over more results, it seems like the RSI value isn't so important...as long as it's declining on the weekly. But it still looks like many of the stronger moves are when it's up above 65 or 70.

I like this. Sure beats the old BB squeeze filter I built with my neanderthal SF filter skills from reading Bollinger's book . Thanks WSG.

FT

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65586
Ignore FuriousThug
7/29/2008 9:11:54 PM

Oh. And the other thing I hate about BB filters is they always come up with a lot of narrow-range stocks. I've never actually tried to filter these out. Do you have any suggestions without compromising results?

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65592
Ignore chetron
modified
7/30/2008 6:48:30 AM

thug,
i use the 50 line as 0 for rsi. when rsi is on the 0 line, i see it as the bears have strength and at 50 it is a tie. imho

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65596
Ignore alf44
modified
7/30/2008 9:45:57 AM

...what most don't know or see...wrt indicators like RSI...is that you MUST shift these "reference lines"...according to the strength of the trend the security is in !

So...for example with RSI - say...an RSI(14) - where the 70/30 lines are commonly thought to be the "default reference lines"... (ie. overbought/oversold) ...

in a strong UPtrend - you MUST shift those lines UP to 80/40 !

in a strong DOWNtrend - you MUST shift those lines DOWN to 60/20 !

----------------------------------------------------------

The mid-point or basis level will always be 50 !

This is why...in a STRONG UPTREND...if you're using a very short-term RSI like an RSI(2)...the indicator may only retrace to around the 50 level on pullbacks...these 50 level "hooks" can be great entry points...LONG or SHORT...in STRONG uptrends and downtrends respectively ! imo

Regards,

alf44

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65597
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/30/2008 9:47:23 AM

Take a look at (WNR). This is a stocks that's at the lower end of the BB(10), and the Weekly RSI(2), and COG is positive. Look at the Candle set up...it would appear it's setting itself up for a "Ladder Bottom." This is a PERFECT example of a stock that is getting ready to take off in the next couple of days with some serious $money$ behind it!

Keep an eye on these as well over the next
couple of days....

(RICK)
(MELI)
(FCH)
(FPP)
(ROYL)
(VVC)

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65598
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
7/30/2008 10:12:32 AM

ELON had a nice looking setup at EOD yesterday. Earnings were bad and it tanked PM. Still caught some of the move though. The others I focused in on both long and short:

VIA/B - short
CEDC - long
TEG - long
WEC - long

And w/r/t shifting the RSI: yeah, I am always wary of RSI readings because I know they shift according to trends.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65603
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/30/2008 1:06:18 PM

They all look good "Thug"...

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65619
Ignore FuriousThug
7/30/2008 11:17:03 PM

WSG:

Question about the COGS:
1. Make sure 1 of your 2 lead indicators "COG(5,3)" or "FI(2)" are pointing up. If you have both, then you are looking at an extremely strong chance of a breakout! I use "Center of gravity" COG(5,3) instead of Stochastics, because it usually turns 1-day B-4 Sto does. Get to know this indicator, because it's turning points are usually sharp and precise.

Are you looking at the signal line to make a sharp turn REGARDLESS of which direction the COGS EMA is pointing? In other words, are you looking for the COGS EMA to be heading up as well...or does that not matter so much?

Thanks.
FT

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THE BOLLINGER "SQUEEZE" EXPLAINED....<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.