StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THEE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65653
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/31/2008 7:21:26 PM

arby -

Writing a filter for LRI(20) would be a waste of time for me because by the time LRI(20) turns up, I'm already in a trade with my "Bottom" filters. I use LRI(20) to look for it's touching or cutting through candles. See, when LRI(2) catches up to a candle and makes contact with it, price begins to either move sideways, or slow it's momentum.

If you're in a serious downtrend, and LRI(20) slices through and gets under a stock, more times than not, I have already hit the trigger on that stock because of it's "touching or slicing through", or because of a combination of other indicators combined. But with that said...it all begins & ends with LRI!

- RIGGS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65654
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/31/2008 7:28:23 PM

I should have known better than to ask anyone else other than "chetron!" Excellent work as usual, and you just made "Daves" day! 8^ )

Thanks,

RIGGS

Fetcher[

/* ((( THEMIGHTYRIGGS ABSOLUTE BOTTOM FILTER ))) */

Weekly Williams %R(2) is above Weekly Williams %R(2) 1-day ago
and Weekly Williams %R(2) is below Weekly williams %R(2) 2-day ago
and Weekly RSI(2) is below Weekly RSI(2) 1-day ago

Draw Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw Bollinger Bands(10,.10)
Draw 3-day slope of Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw parabolic Sar
Draw Linear Regression Indicator(20)
Draw Bollinger bands(10)

Draw COG(5,3)
Draw Weekly RSI(2) line at 99
Draw Weekly RSI(2) line at 0
Draw FI(2) line at 0

/* NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

/* NORMALIZE RSI(2) */

set{RSval, INDPOSITION(RSI(2), 60) * 100}

/* NORMALIZE williams %r(2) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %r(2), 60) * 100 }

/* DRAW THE MR CCIWLR CHART */

and draw adval on plot wrval
and draw rsval on plot wrval

Draw Bearpower on plot Bullpower
Draw Bullpower line at 0
Draw MACD(4,8)
Draw VMACDD line at 0
Draw Williams %R(20) line at 0
Draw Williams %R(20) line at -75

volume is above 100000
sort column 29 descending
chart-time 45-days
close is above 10
offset 3

set{WRSb,days(weekly RSI(2) is above weekly RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WRSa,days(weekly RSI(2) is below weekly RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WRSxWRS, WRSa - WRSb}
set{WWLb,days(weekly williams %R(2) is above weekly Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WWLa,days(weekly Williams %R(2) is below weekly Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WWLxWWL, WWLa - WWLb}

Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}

set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSa,days(RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}

SET{VMACDD,MACD(4,8) histogram}
set{mhis,indposition(macd(4,8) histogram,60)}
set{mhist,macd(4,8) histogram}
set{mhisb,days(mhist is above 0, 100)}
set{mhisa,days(mhist is below 0, 100)}
set{hstxhst, mhisa - mhisb}
set{var1,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago < macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisp,days(var1 < .5,100)}
set{var11,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago > macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisn,days(var11 < .5,100)}

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column industry
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column adval
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column WRSXWRS
add column WWLXWWL
add column weekly RSI(2)
add column weekly Williams %R(2)
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSXRS
add column WLXWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column mhisp
add column mhisn
add column hstxhst
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column PE
add column EPS
add column ROE
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

dwiggains
441 posts
msg #65658
Ignore dwiggains
modified
7/31/2008 8:10:17 PM

Hi
I surrender. I still can not get this to work. I get 2789 results.

Fetcher[
Weekly Williams %R(2) is above Weekly Williams %R(2) 1 day ago and
Weekly Williams %R(2) 1 day ago is below Weekly williams %R(2) 2 day ago
]

Thanks for all the help
See ya
David

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65659
Ignore chetron
7/31/2008 8:39:45 PM

wsg,
sorry i didn't catch it quicker.

Jay123
9 posts
msg #65666
Ignore Jay123
7/31/2008 10:04:55 PM

Can someone put me in the right direction on backtesting this? I'm obviously doing something wrong, as I get a -26% ROI for the period 4/1/08 to 7/24/08.

I removed the 3-day offset, used an 8% stop loss and a 8% profit stop, min holding days = 1, max holding days = 4, maximum 1 trade per day, max open positions = 4.

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #65667
Ignore FuriousThug
7/31/2008 10:16:38 PM

All of WSG's filters backtest like cr**. ;)

I think they all contain elements of method and interpretation that are beyond the mechanical capacity of the backtesting technology. As a result, I pretty much have to rely on offsetting the filters and just going back and looking at countless examples and their setups to see how they work - that's the only way to do better than -28%, I think.

FT

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65668
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/31/2008 10:44:20 PM

Thug -

"Backtest?"...are you kidding me? These are designed for 2-3 day pops only! Have you not read ANYTHING about me? Then you go to the next one, and the next....etc. Have you not noticed how volatile this market has been for the last several months?

So tell me...with you being a "greybeard", you must me down well over 20% on the year huh? Why in hell would someone backtest a successful 2-3 day filter? You backtest nerds crack me up! ROFL

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

Jay123
9 posts
msg #65669
Ignore Jay123
7/31/2008 10:50:15 PM

WSG... This is a newbie begging for patience :-) Doesn't the backfilter allow an exit trigger that can profitably ride a 2-3 day pop?

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #65670
Ignore alf44
7/31/2008 11:05:08 PM

...the road to HELL...is paved with so-called "bottom pickers"...

...he who picks bottoms...has smelly fingers... !!!

JEEEZ !!!

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65671
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/31/2008 11:42:20 PM

WSG... This is a newbie begging for patience :-) Doesn't the backfilter allow an exit trigger that can profitably ride a 2-3 day pop?

Jay -

You're missing the point. Are my filters really worthy of a backtest? I mean really?...Think about it. He was backtesting a filter that merely had a couple of ticks move on an oscillator! It's a small moment in time. Hell, by the time you backtest some of my filters, I'm already exiting for gawd sake! You're gonna backtest a...as "alf" would put it....a freakin "squiggly line?"

You cant see the 3-day performance resutls? LOL...that's your backtest partner! Now, in your defense, I will say that my filters come at a convenient time, but if you do what I ask on ANY of my filters, you'll see that these set-ups will work in ANY market up or down. Go back 6,7, or even 20 months...it doesn't matter because I find those loopholes, or those missing links in the chain! Now, when the market was falling like a rock...then you were usually exiting the next morning, but with a nice profit obviously. Look, I've used the backtest feature probably more than the average person, but I have a full grasp of what it represents, and what REALITY really is. Clearly "Thug" didn't do the work he NEEDED to do, and he admitted that he didn't like doing the work.

Friends, it's a couple "squiggly" lines that just happen to be 90% fool proff! Show me a filter like this that finds bottoms on the exact day AND promises a pop the very next 2-3! Let me just save you some time...YOU'RE L@@KING AT THE ONLY ONE'S!!!...because I don't except anything less.

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · THEE ABSOLUTE ((( BOTTOM ))) FILTER!<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 18 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.