StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS<< 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up
Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #133838
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/20/2017 4:11:48 PM

An easy way to avoid the "divide by zero" issue is to simply subtract the risk value from the reward value, rather than use division. The rank ordering will be the same.

T_Charp13
35 posts
msg #133844
Ignore T_Charp13
1/21/2017 7:32:20 PM

What stocks are you guys looking at for next week? I'm personally looking at SBS, FNSR, VIV, UCTT, and EGLE but haven't refined it to 2 or 3.

vicantrade
2 posts
msg #133926
Ignore vicantrade
modified
1/28/2017 11:25:42 AM

thanks for all the great info not only about the filters but trading in general.
I've been reading this and other threads and love the work Kevin, graftonian and others are doing.

I have a followup question to the filter, not sure if I'm posting it in the right thread so pelase exuse me if i don't.

the question is if you are trading based on this filter, how would you select the actual stocks to trade? Would you simply look at the top 5-10 stocks based on their SortNum (say from the last filter graftonian wrote on page 21), or would you refine the selection further by applying other rules and technical indicators.

I was also wondering if anyone has been using price support and resistance levels to finalize a weekly stock selection. For example if 2 stocks have the same SortNum but one is trading above it's support level and one is below, what would you choose or it doesn't make a difference?

For example the top 5 for next week (scan ran on Jan 28, "BUYS" for Jan 30, 2017) are ICD, GV, AKG, BPMC, CDZI

thanks for all your interesting work

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #133929
Ignore graftonian
1/28/2017 6:38:15 PM

Hey guys, all the work I did last week isn't nearly as good the original. I tried to re-invent TRO's wheel and it kind of came out "squarish". Spent all day today exploring entry and exit techniques, and I've got enough questions for a whole 'nuther forum.
As TRO often reminds us "it ain't what you trade, it's how you trade it."
Monday morning I am almost certain to choose NM. Why; it is first on the list, It is the only one on the list without a doji., and every indicator I could find whispers "buy".
I believe it will be a strong opening, and I won't pay more than a few percent over Fridays close. On the downside, if the price is below a descending 15 minute ema(13), I'll wait for the cross over.

I know this system was designed to be a swing trade platform, but the stock picks have worked well me.

Happy trades to you, until we meet again. (I think Gene Autry said that)

SAFeTRADE
630 posts
msg #133930
Ignore SAFeTRADE
1/28/2017 7:39:21 PM

Happy trades to you, until we meet again. (I think Gene Autry said that)

It was Roy Rogers, he closed his TV show with that song.

Clarence

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #133931
Ignore pthomas215
1/28/2017 8:00:26 PM

great info graft. love the gene autry quote too.

""I know this system was designed to be a swing trade platform, but the stock picks have worked well me. ""

do you mean it is designed for swing trading but you wind up doing round trips within the same trading day?

pthomas215
1,251 posts
msg #133932
Ignore pthomas215
1/28/2017 8:09:51 PM

graft, can you post the filter that shows NM as the first stock? Im not sure how you sorted your filter.

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #133933
Ignore graftonian
1/28/2017 8:44:47 PM

Sorry, I keep getting these 2 threads confused. the filter I used is on page 1 of "5% A WEEK FILTER (BASED ON TRO'S CROCK POT)". Below is A list from that filter, sorted by reward, and then performance.
All with a reward greater than 2.0

symlist(NM,TGB,OPGN,SGY,BCEI,GLBS,SID, CENX,AKS,IMMU,CLVS,DSX,CVEO,CARA,IMGN,VALE,AA,PDS,CYH,UEC,URRE,CRNT,THC,ELGX,INCY,ACHC,FCAU,PTX,MMYT,HCLP,SINO,GPL,SALT,GORO,AKAO,NAK,PULM,OCLR,CDE,CLF,SA,AKG,SCO,CLRB,INFI,SN,NIHD,OPTT,SAEX,SNMX,NSPR,BIOC,JNUG,DUST,IMUC,JDST,MRNS,SKLN,CC,AROC,EGLE,TK,CVRR,YINN,TMST,CTIC,TROX,SFUN,EVOK,ZIOP,IPI,CTRV,INAP,DCIX,SSH,NRG,EDC,TSRO,XIV,WTW,EGHT,W,TECK,DYN,ACIA,NE,ETSY,OVAS,CCJ,ADXS,APRI,GALE,SCON,RGSE,PSGLQ,ETRM,S,CSTM,TSLA)

vicantrade
2 posts
msg #133934
Ignore vicantrade
modified
1/28/2017 11:25:24 PM

graftonian, can you please share what other indicators you take into account when selecting stocks from the 5% a week filter?
thanks a lot

graftonian
1,089 posts
msg #133939
Ignore graftonian
1/29/2017 9:58:04 AM

Vicantrade, My favorite combination is weekly MACD, weekly Williams%r, and volume action, but I might go through a dozen of the more popular "squiggly lines"

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TRO CROCK POT - SLOW COOKERS FOR SWING TRADERS<< 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 ... 26 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.