StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Testing Using Offset<< >>Post Follow-up
SFMc01
358 posts
msg #51893
Ignore SFMc01
5/31/2007 9:25:46 AM

Sometimes when I test using offset my chart shows a shaded area back the number of days of the offset and sometimes it doesn't. This shading is very helpful in seeing exactly what has happened the day after the selected day and subsequent days. I would like to cause this shading every time but I don't know how to do it. Anyone have a suggestion please?

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #51895
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
5/31/2007 4:00:58 PM

...any time I use the offset, I have the shaded region. If your initial results show the Performance column, then it should be shaded.... if not you may just have a typo in your screen. Post your screen that isn't being shaded, and I will help you out....

If its within SF 2.0, .... some of the themes don't show this offset to well .... change your theme ....

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #51897
Ignore nikoschopen
5/31/2007 5:19:52 PM

It's usually related to how complicated ure filters are. For example, I have screeners with a maze of set() statements. With these, the shade is missing altogether from the chart when date offset is used. In such a case, I bring up the same chart using the less convoluted filter to make the comparison.

dbyrt
70 posts
msg #51910
Ignore dbyrt
6/1/2007 12:35:48 PM

This is certainly something I've noticed too. Shading seems to come and go depending on complexity of scan. Kind of annoying not to be there every time.

adfish
1 posts
msg #51995
Ignore adfish
6/5/2007 9:40:32 PM

I've experienced the "shading" problem too. I find that if I click the "fetch stocks" button twice (instead of once) it fixes the shading issue.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Testing Using Offset<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.