StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · The 2/20-DAY EMA BREAKOUT for longs and shorts<< >>Post Follow-up
Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #124883
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/9/2015 12:29:09 PM

Came across searching for EMA trading strategy.

I thought is was very interesting that one can see the trend while using the 20 day EMA. I use the Bollinger Bands(20,2) with the 20 day EMA and 13 day EMA as a first line of defense when the price counters near it. When I see one band where price is breaking to the trend is going. No stock goes up every day but look at the 20 day EMA will show us which way the trend is headed even if it counter to the trend,

The 20 day EMA can be used for both long and short trends. If one makes a Symlist to study old runners they will see the 20 day EMA trending up or down in strength. There are many variables to using like I use the bollinger bands when one bands is expanding with the 20 day EMA.

20 day EMA documentation page 1.

20 day EMA documentation.

10 page PDF about using the 20 day EMA.

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #125004
Ignore Mactheriverrat
9/15/2015 11:53:41 PM

20 Day EMAs Are Huge Technical Weapons.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · The 2/20-DAY EMA BREAKOUT for longs and shorts<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.