StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · The basics of building a filter to average a few figures?<< >>Post Follow-up
tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127405
Ignore tgoo426193
2/23/2016 6:38:01 PM

I've tried searching for my answer using much the same text you see in the Thread Heading, with no luck, so I'm falling back on the word of the Filter Guru's.
Here is what I'm after today. Once I see the format, I'm sure I can use it elsewhere:

I wish to find the Average, of the Lows, for 4 consecutive days, starting with the most recent day.
I want to build this filter to use it as a column on my results table.

If I'm correct, I understand that the most recent figure, at the time of this posting, is "todays", since the market closed a couple of hours ago, and I need the figures for the 3 prior days as well. I think the following should get those for me, as I have the 4 columns on my table now. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.
add column daily low
add column daily low 1 day ago
add column daily low 2 day ago
add column daily low 3 day ago

OK, from this point (be I right or wrong above), how do I format the filter to Add the 4 figures, and divide the total by 4?
I will build a similar filter/column for the High average as well, and I'm sure it will come in handy for some others in the future.

Thx in advance for any help. This Forum is always a pleasure to participate in

four
5,087 posts
msg #127406
Ignore four
modified
2/23/2016 7:09:46 PM

Average, of the Lows, for 4 consecutive days, starting with the most recent day.
I want to build this filter to use it as a column on my results table.

-Important- StockFetcher only allows '2 items' at a time...

Fetcher[
set{a, low 3 days ago + low 2 days ago}
set{b, low 1 days ago + low 0 days ago}
set{c, a + b}
set{z, c / 4}
add column z {4 DAY AVERAGE}
]

tgoo426193
19 posts
msg #127407
Ignore tgoo426193
2/23/2016 7:24:51 PM

And as i said before. 10-4 four!

I'll remember the "only 2" rule
Thx so Much!!

four
5,087 posts
msg #127408
Ignore four
2/23/2016 8:09:42 PM

welcome

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · The basics of building a filter to average a few figures?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.