StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · The quick pick (or:get in today, out tomorrow)<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 >>Post Follow-up
dbohin
10 posts
msg #61192
Ignore dbohin
4/7/2008 1:38:01 PM

its frozen my computer enough times that i stopped trying it out.

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #61251
Ignore jimhbutton
4/9/2008 9:50:59 AM

ludowillems,

Congratulations!

Do you use a real time scanner for this filter, or do you depend on the 20 minute StockFetcher delay data?

P.S. I love this little skyrocket filter... Where did you get the idea for it?

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #61262
Ignore ludowillems
4/9/2008 4:20:46 PM

Hi jimhbutton,
Thanks for the kind words. I "assembled" this filter after I wrote in my own words all that should happen to make a stock go up. ( see the beginning of this tread). It's more or less the same how you would describe a succesfull shop: more and more people(=OBV) bring in an increasing amount of money(=MFI) and the better clients rush in (= close>15) and a lot of clients rush in (=vol>500k) etc etc. I love simple things. (thats why I love women :) .

jimhbutton
104 posts
msg #61275
Ignore jimhbutton
4/10/2008 8:27:48 AM

Hi ludowillems,

Thanks for giving me the rationale behind your filter. It's a beauty, as are those "simple things" that you mentioned :)

elis58
11 posts
msg #61429
Ignore elis58
4/13/2008 10:39:18 AM

hi ludowillems

thanks for your filters, seems great.

i would like to understand better when exactly ( at what time ) you run the filter and when to you enter to the trade. are you filtering at the end of a day and enter to position at the opennig of the next day?

another thing, does the market direction influance your entering ?

thanks and sorry for bad spelling ( i am from overseas )

eli

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #61430
Ignore ludowillems
4/13/2008 12:44:12 PM

Hello Elis58, never mind the spelling, I live in Belgium, so also "overseas"! To answer your questions:
1. I run the filter after close of the markets, so "end of day"
2. Since it is a short-term filter (at least, that was the original intention) I included a line in it that requires the trend of the short MA to be positive in the last 3 days.
3.I enter next morning at market price
4. Even if the outlook is short-term, I eveluate the charts EOD, and hold longer if charts look favorable (ex: U.S.Steel , up 20% in two weeks)
Best regards, Ludo Willems

elis58
11 posts
msg #61449
Ignore elis58
4/14/2008 7:16:34 AM

thanks for answer,

did you backtest your filter, i have got some confussing results, did you get any define results?

thanks

eli

trek
72 posts
msg #61455
Ignore trek
4/14/2008 10:38:01 AM

Ludo,

Thanks for the filter,
by the way, what is a CFD with leverage 10 you mentioned?

Also I see you're trying to make a clickable filter. You don't put fetcher at the end. It is the bracket that goes at the end and fetcher and bracket goes at the start

Fetcher[ your filter ]

there can't be a space between fetcher and the bracket or it won't work

trek

ludowillems
111 posts
msg #61456
Ignore ludowillems
4/14/2008 10:44:57 AM

Hello Trek,
Thanks for the advice to make it clickable. The CFD's I use are Contract For Difference, meaning that you control a large amount in the market with limited own resources. Do a Google on it, you get a myriad hits.
Or check this out: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contract_for_difference
Best regards,
Ludo Willems

bkhurana43
103 posts
msg #61541
Ignore bkhurana43
4/16/2008 7:41:06 PM

Has anyone succeeded in configuring setups for "MadScan" Scanner in realtime mode to monitor the picks obtained from the suggested Short term Bullish filter posted in SF?

I do have the required user code to use MadScan.

You may respond to my inquiry using my email address bkhurana43@yahoo.com

Thanks

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · The quick pick (or:get in today, out tomorrow)<< 1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.