StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28240
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/2/2003 2:47:28 AM

Hey TX...

Not fair making rules AFTER the game starts....

I put forth my criteria for judging.

If my stock goes up at the open and then drops way down only to recover but still show a loss, I don't want that counted against me because I could have had 2 profitable scalps...

So you must use Close - Open AND my High - Open & Close - Low to judge.

Fair is fair.

You can even take a penny off each end.. I will take that handicap.

Furthermore, since my goal is 2% per day.. if I make that, I don't care what others do... I made MY GOAL.

LET THE GAMES BEGIN...

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28241
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/2/2003 2:50:14 AM

You posted:

"Now I would like to share an interesting Filter....The methodology behind this filter is that I noticed if OBV started up a day after RSI(2) came off bottom the stock would shoot up, kind of like the EMA(13) EMA(26) crossover. And it sometimes shows them "two white candles" after a RSI(2) bottom. Check it out, I call it the "WILDCARD FILTER".

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

"

Give this a shot

Fetcher[RSI(2) below 10 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

"

Best of luck with your filters and trades.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28242
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/2/2003 2:55:42 AM

This works better:

Fetcher[set{p1,high - open} set{p2, close - low} RSI(2) below 20 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000 and add column p1 and add column p2]

Notice p1 and p2 are the possible scalps.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #28244
Ignore TheRumpledOne
9/2/2003 3:08:56 AM

Tx...

The more I think of this... I am sorry I participated.

The reason being is that I have been telling you guys that it is NOT what you trade but HOW you trade it.

This contest goes completely against that philosophy. It is a BAD example for any new traders.

Money management is 60%.

Trading is 30%.

Stock Selection/Filters is 10%.

The focus should be on Money Management and Trading, which is what my High - Open and Close - Low point out, not on the stocks that fall out of filters.

When you can make money going long on a down day and/or on a stock that loses money for the day, THAT'S TRADING!!

Don't waste you time writing filter after filter and filter. FOCUS ON MONEY MANAGEMENT AND TRADING SKILLS. Perfect your entry/exits. TAKE ALL YOU CAN AND GIVE NONE BACK.

I fell for your "trap" and I admit it - you got me! (Now I owe you one... he he he)

deprez
60 posts
msg #28248
Ignore deprez
9/2/2003 3:56:51 AM

Here are a couple plucked from various filters.

GT0:
WFHC 1.14
ZICA 2.34

GT5:
RAD 5.05
VRSO 4.27

GT18 GOGO:
IMAN 6.92
ISIS 6.62
ATRO 4.58

GT20Bis:
USON 7.95
DUSA 2.99
MRVT 1.13

I just sold EPRE(5.79) on Friday, but it may go up still a bit. Worth a look at.

Good luck to all.

Geodepe.

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28253
Ignore txtrapper
9/2/2003 9:31:29 AM

Well the game hasn't started until the bell but ok, have it your way Rump and Zuber too!

We will be a little flexible and have fun here today. I agree a prudent trader would sell at the high and I think Zuber would agree, so be it.

Rule 2)So you must use Close - Open AND my High - Open & Close - Low to judge.

Fair is fair.

adrianf
49 posts
msg #28254
Ignore adrianf
9/2/2003 10:21:53 AM

Where's Joe G. ????????????

Rump, doesn't really matter if your picks do well or not....at least you posted some picks...way to go...

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28255
Ignore txtrapper
9/2/2003 11:50:10 AM

WILDCARD FILTER...

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

Rump this filter is getting higher hits than the RSI(2)< 10

I believe it's because it gives the RSI(2) a chance to tell you what it's going to do next (flatline,go down,or move up), when the OBV first starts increasing and RSI(2) is just off bottom, that my confirmation, and that's when these stocks seem to explode, that's when this filter shines. Look at today's scan....MUSE +.40... DFIB...+.14...BE +.35. As grandma used to say, "son, the proof is in the pudding".

txtrapper

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #28256
Ignore txtrapper
9/2/2003 11:50:24 AM

WILDCARD FILTER...

Fetcher[RSI(2)is below 40 and RSI(2) above RSI(2) 1 day ago and On Balance Volume has been increasing for 1 day and close is between 1 and 10 and volume (10) is above 100000]

Rump this filter is getting higher hits than the RSI(2)< 10

I believe it's because it gives the RSI(2) a chance to tell you what it's going to do next (flatline,go down,or move up), when the OBV first starts increasing and RSI(2) is just off bottom, that my confirmation, and that's when these stocks seem to explode, that's when this filter shines. Look at today's scan....MUSE +.40... DFIB...+.14...BE +.35. As grandma used to say, "son, the proof is in the pudding".

txtrapper

jprowe
17 posts
msg #28258
Ignore jprowe
9/2/2003 12:40:18 PM

I think the only thing we learned here is what I had anticipated...Joe G is a no show.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · TheRUMP & JOE G. ONE DAY SHOOTOUT!<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.