StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Tradingmarkets.com Power Ratings<< >>Post Follow-up
welliott111
98 posts
msg #54548
Ignore welliott111
9/4/2007 3:58:29 PM

Has anyone ever tried Tradingmarkets.com power ratings lists as a watch list to run filters against? Just like to know any experiences pro or con.Do any of the SF Filter Writing Gurus have any ideas on the criteria for the "Power Ratings" lists so I could develop my own or maybe some personal offerings for watchlist scans.

Thanks guys
welliott111

Gunnski
28 posts
msg #54550
Ignore Gunnski
9/4/2007 4:47:22 PM

I did something similar with ManifestInvesting.com. Real nice people and site. In the right margin they list their "Dashboards". These are pretty much all of their jellybeans. I used their ratings and stocks in the "sweetspot" = green zone. I placced them in a watch list. I run a Bollinger squeeze on the watch list, similar to the IBD 100.

Manifest has a 30 trial. Go in and check it out (not affliated).

Recently SCSS popped out of the filter.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #54558
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
9/4/2007 6:38:46 PM

Yup, that BB squeeze is a real hoot. Too bad these crazy fluctuations in the market have kept the IBD 100 bouncing like a bull kicked down the stairs.

20 days of even trading...is that too much to ask?

Instead of trying to find more stocks to include I have kept the IBD 100 and am using three other filters that have backtested excellent results. One of which I found on here which is a linear regression filter, another is an RSI crossover filter (I tweaked one of M4M's filters I think)and the last is an 8-day price pattern. All very simple, all very effective.

Of course, I am always interested in others' strategies...I think tradingmarkets.com just takes the good stocks and ranks them high on a pullback. Not a bad strategy. Very simple, very effective.

curmudgeon
103 posts
msg #54639
Ignore curmudgeon
9/8/2007 2:23:47 PM

The power ratings are a countertrend system. You could easily reproduce similar results using a longer term ema (to establish trend) and 2 short term ema's to establish oversold areas.

An MACD would work as well but introduces instability that straight moving averages do not exhibit.

Concentrating on small, high probability moves in established up trends is a better strategy than trying to catch long term "investment" type moves in stocks that haven't proven their upside bias yet.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Tradingmarkets.com Power Ratings<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.