StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · VOLUME FLOW INDICATOR(130)<< >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #44820
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
6/10/2006 11:25:09 AM

Got an email from someone that was looking for a "long" filter, so I gave him one....but then told him he should use one of my favorite indicators....VFI(130). I'm sure many of you out there are very familiar with this one, and if you are....do you know how to construct VFI(130)into filter form? If so....his name is "Dennis," and I know he would be very grateful! BTW, the formula can be found in the June,2004 issue of Stocks and Commodities Magazine for anyone interested. I use it at prophet.net

Many Thanx,

- Rick Riggs -

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #44824
Ignore TheRumpledOne
6/10/2006 12:49:15 PM

http://trader.online.pl/MSZ/e-w-Volume_Flow_Indicator_VFI.html

Volume Flow Indicator (VFI) by Markos Katsanos

Using Money Flow to Stay with the Trend
Markos Katsanos' article "Using Money Flow to Stay with the Trend" did not have a MetaStock Trader's Tip as the article contained all the formulas.

VFI
PERIOD:=Input("PERIOD FOR VFI",5,1300,130);
COEF:=.2;
VCOEF:=Input("MAX VOLUME CUTOFF",0,50,2.5);
INTER:=Log(Typical())-Log(Ref(Typical(),-1));
VINTER:=Stdev(INTER,30);
CUTOFF:=COEF*VINTER*C;
VAVE:=Ref(Mov(V,PERIOD,S),-1);
VMAX:=VAVE*VCOEF;
VC:=If(V<VMAX,V,VMAX);
MF:=Typical()-Ref(Typical(),-1);
VFI:=Sum(If(MF>CUTOFF,+VC,If(MF<-CUTOFF,-VC,0)),PERIOD)/VAVE;
Mov(VFI,3,E);

=============================================================================

http://www.traders.com/Documentation/FEEDbk_docs/Archive/062004/TradersTips/TradersTips.html

=============================================================================

HTH.

__fetcheruser123
msg #44932
Ignore __fetcheruser123
6/13/2006 7:14:21 PM

Anybody want to convert that to SF?

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #44933
Ignore nikoschopen
6/13/2006 7:35:52 PM

You might as well get a head start in learning some MetaStock codes, considering that you'll want to use it in the foreseeable future. Here's a link to the copy of "MetaStock Pro 8.0 Manual" and "MetaStock Formula Primer":

http://** removed by stockfetcher **

__fetcheruser123
msg #44974
Ignore __fetcheruser123
6/14/2006 10:59:25 PM

Why would I want to learn it in the forseable future? I write my own automated trading software. ;)

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · VOLUME FLOW INDICATOR(130)<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.