StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Vector Vest-related question<< >>Post Follow-up
glgene
613 posts
msg #65540
Ignore glgene
7/28/2008 1:06:29 PM

I use Vector Vest software and have found that using 2 parameters have produced favorable results:

1) Price has crossed above MA(15)
2) RTI (3) has crossed above RTI(20)

Unfortunately, you can't perform this search in Vector Vest.

I know that Stockfetcher.com doesn't have RTI (relative timing). It's strictly a momentum indicator of strength or weakness.

Question: Is there any Vector Vest user -- who also uses Stockfetcher.com -- who has substituted a parameter for RTI in building a script within Stockfetcher.com?

Thanks.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65541
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/28/2008 1:34:51 PM

Gene -

I'm curious as to why someone would use vectorvest over stockfetcher. I've never visited that site before, but I am aware of what they do, and I'm confused why someone would choose them over SF???...

...it's Beyond me...

RIGGS

glgene
613 posts
msg #65571
Ignore glgene
7/29/2008 11:30:49 AM

Riggs,

I use both SF and Vector Vest.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65575
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/29/2008 1:45:10 PM

Uhhh...obviously....The question was "why?" You cant share that with everyone? What's so hard about that?...

RIGGS

glgene
613 posts
msg #65600
Ignore glgene
7/30/2008 11:33:52 AM

Riggs,

Vector Vest has various sorting parameters I like, and ranks stocks within industry groups. Several technical analysis indicators.

I certainly think SF is superior with its scripting capabilities. And I applaud those here who have that in-depth talent to script to the nth degree. I have only limited scripting abilities.

I really enjoy the posts on this msg. system. It's very kind and professional of you and others to share your wisdom.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65602
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/30/2008 12:02:59 PM

glgene -

Thanks for the reply. The reason I was asking was because I really like their charting graphics, and was just currious if you can set your OWN parameters, rather than using THEIR mechanical trigger points. That was helpful, thank you.

RIGGS

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Vector Vest-related question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.