StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Volume surge on institutional quality stocks<< >>Post Follow-up
a52wkhi
6 posts
msg #30985
Ignore a52wkhi
2/6/2004 10:37:46 AM

Hello all!
I thought I'd share a screen thatI wrote and I find valuable. It shows breakouts on huge volume on stocks that are at new highs. It's a big help if you follow Bill O'Neil's Investor Business Daily methodology.

show me stocks where the average volume(3) is more than 150% above the average volume(50) and the close is more than 10 and the average volume(50) is more than 100000 and the close gained more than 5% over the last 12 weeks and the close gained more than 5% over the last 2 weeks.

a52wkhi
6 posts
msg #30986
Ignore a52wkhi
2/6/2004 10:40:00 AM

And a follow up screen I made is for high relative strength stocks with somewhat the same parameters. I use both of them.

show me stocks where the average volume(2) is more than 150% above the average volume(50) and the close is more than 10 and the average volume(50) is more than 100000 and the close is at a 52 week high and the relative strength(^ixic,100) is more than 1.0

dangreene
229 posts
msg #31164
Ignore dangreene
2/21/2004 8:23:06 PM

a52wkhi

I want to acknowledge your efforts and thank you for posting your scans. They both fit my style of trading and provide me with an awesome watch list as they flow into great entry points using my favorite indicators.

Well done.

muddytraks
40 posts
msg #31165
Ignore muddytraks
2/22/2004 12:10:46 AM

Curious why you used 3 days volume on the 1st and 2 days vol on the 2nd?

a52wkhi
6 posts
msg #31250
Ignore a52wkhi
3/1/2004 10:39:57 AM

Sorry, I can't recall why I did that. It might have had something to do with making sure that i would catch prior winners such as OVTI back in March.

I have another screen, this time for weekly volume surges. here it is.

Show stocks where the weekly average volume(3) is more than 75% above the weekly average volume(15) and the close is more than 10 and the weekly average volume(10) is more than 500000 and the relative strength(^ixic,10) is more than 1.0 and the close is higher than the average close(100)

Happy Hunting!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Volume surge on institutional quality stocks<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.