StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · WALLSTREETGENIUS IS SEEING "DEAD PEOPLE" AGAIN!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66109
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/12/2008 11:24:24 AM

In my "Wrap-Up" post yesterday (8/11/08) in my newest thread, something accurred to me while talking about the stock (ECA). One of the "6" reasons why I bought ECA was because On Balance Volume (OBV) had completely dried up. Then it hit me! What better time to buy, then when sellers have stopped selling...right? Is it by accident that all the results are currently (8/12/08) from Oil, NGAS, and Mining?...

Look, OBV has ALWAYS been one of the most neglected indicators in all of T/A. But never by me! Now, I don't even look at stocks where OBV continues to bounce off the "0" line. You want the one's that hit it ("0" LINE) the 1sr or 2nd time with the "Triple" set-up (WILL / PO / RSI). As always, I welcome you to look at stocks where their respective markets bottomed, and watch what happens when OBV, coupled with the "Triple", bottoms at the same time. Do this, and you'll see "Dead People" too!

Fetcher[

/* ((( THEMIGHTYRIGGS WILLIAMS / PROJECTION */

Draw Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw Bollinger Bands(10,.10)
Draw 3-day slope of Bollinger bands(50,.20)
Draw parabolic Sar
Draw Linear Regression Indicator(20)
Draw Bollinger bands(10)
PE is between 3 and 30
ROE is above 15

Williams %R(2) is increasing 1-day
Projection Oscillator(14) is increasing 1-day
Draw RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1-day ago
Draw Weekly RSI(2)
offset 0

NORMALIZE accumulation distribution */

set{adval, INDPOSITION(accumulation distribution, 60) * 100 }

NORMALIZE OBV(1) */

set{obval, INDPOSITION(OBV(1), 60) * 100}

NORMALIZE williams %R(2) */

set{wrval, INDPOSITION(williams %R(2), 60) * 100 }

Draw wrval line
Draw adval on plot wrval
Draw obval on plot wrval
obval is below 2

Draw COG(5,3) line at 0
Draw Bearpower on plot Bullpower
Draw Bullpower line at 0
Draw MACD(4,8)
Draw Williams %R(20) line at -75

volume is above 100000
sort column 10 descending
chart-time 45-days
close is above 1

set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSa,days(RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}
set{POb,days(Projection Oscillator(14) is above Projection Oscillator(14) 1 day ago,100)}
set{POa,days(Projection Oscillator(14) is below Projection Oscillator(14) 1 day ago,100)}
set{POxPO, POa - POb}

Set{Bullpower, high minus ema(13)}
Set{Bearpower, low minus ema(13)}
set{BLb,days(BullPower is above BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLa,days(BullPower is below BullPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BLxBL, BLa - BLb}
set{BRb,days(BearPower is above BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRa,days(BearPower is below BearPower 1 day ago,100)}
set{BRxBR, BRa - BRb}

set{v, volume 1 day ago}
set{volinc, volume - v}
set{volpc, volinc / v}
set{volpct, volpc * 100}

set{VolZ, days(volume < 1,100)}
set{VolUp, days(volume is below volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolDn, days(volume is above volume 1 day ago,100)}
set{VolCnt, VolUp - VolDn}

set{vck1, volume 1 day ago }
set{vck, volume / vck1 }
set{vdbl, days(vck < 2, 100)}

SET{VMACDD,MACD(4,8) histogram}
set{mhis,indposition(macd(4,8) histogram,60)}
set{mhist,macd(4,8) histogram}
set{mhisb,days(mhist is above 0, 100)}
set{mhisa,days(mhist is below 0, 100)}
set{hstxhst, mhisa - mhisb}
set{var1,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago < macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisp,days(var1 < .5,100)}
set{var11,count(macd(4,8) histogram 1 day ago > macd histogram(4,8),1)}
set{mhisn,days(var11 < .5,100)}

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column industry
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column PE
add column EPS
add column ROE
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column adval
add column obval
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column Weekly RSI(2)
add column Weekly RSI(2) 1-day ago(1dayago)
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSXRS
add column WLXWL
add column POXPO
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column BLxBL
add column BRxBR
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column mhisp
add column mhisn
add column hstxhst
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column Vdbl
add column volpct
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #66111
Ignore FuriousThug
8/12/2008 12:32:57 PM

In ECA, I see Falling Three Methods and a window between $69.67 and $68.91. Just an observation as I've been chunking through Nison's original candlestick book. Of course, if you can get out when/if it approaches the bottom of the window, you'll have made some $$. I'm watching this as I'm curious to see how it pans out. Good luck, WSG.

FT

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #66112
Ignore johnpaulca
8/12/2008 12:44:39 PM

Richard:

ECA....I still don't see a confirmed buy on this....am I missing something?

BTW...Billy filtered spewed out: SGY, CEDC, IHS, AEE

billrider321
70 posts
msg #66113
Ignore billrider321
8/12/2008 1:25:15 PM

new here..have you guys done any study on rsi2 below 3 and volume being more than double of average 90 days

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66114
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
8/12/2008 1:29:16 PM

Thug -

The one great thing about "Nison" is....that he rewards his students that intrust him with $3,500, to teach them things that he NEVER reviels in ANY of his publications! I have read all of his books 3 times over, and one thing Steve never talks about at length is "Technicals." After reading his book, it leaves you thinking that he only trades off Candlesticks right?

Wrong! When you spend a week with him, you find out this this man (Nison) has one of the greatest technical minds on the planet! In the past, I've shared little tid-bits of his workshop teachings, and I'm going to show you one more....

When Nison notices an "Open Window," the first thing he looks for is "indicision!" When he see's that, he say's..."CHA-CHING!" (His words, not mine). He go's on to say that there will almost always be a "Battle of egos" for 2-3 days. When you see this, just look for the nearest divergence in the MACD Histogram from where the bottom dropped out to create the "window," and where price currently is. Notice when there's no divergence....that window (gap), will act as resistance almost every single time!

I've never forgotten this, and have capitalized from it COUNTLESS times! So take a look at the 1st bottom on ECA on 8/5 on the MACD-H, and today. ECA is lower in price, but carries a LOWER bottom on the MACD-H and RSI. Watch what happens with stocks like ECA & E....

FOOD 4 THOUGHT...

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66115
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/12/2008 1:33:21 PM

new here..have you guys done any study on rsi2 below 3 and volume being more than double of average 90 days

LOL...somebody please help this guy understand that "RSI(2)" on it's OWN merritt, cant help itself find daylight from a brown paper lunchbag!

RIGGS

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #66116
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
8/12/2008 1:39:38 PM

JP -

The confirmation of "ECA" took place yesterday, and is showing it again today. Look at your "Triple." Will(2), PO(14) increased, while the "little indicator that cant"...(RSI-2) fell. Also, in the spirit of THIS thread...OBV hit zero ("0") yesterday. Dude, e-mail me....

Speaking of "CEDC "...do you see what happened yesterday when OBV crashed into the "0" line? Up over $5 today at the time of this post!

RIGGS

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #66117
Ignore FuriousThug
8/12/2008 2:03:21 PM

Also an interesting set of W%R(2) divergences over the past few weeks starting the bottom on July 23rd and making higher lows while price is dropping since.

billrider321
70 posts
msg #66118
Ignore billrider321
8/12/2008 2:54:27 PM

wsg,

right now i see 4 stocks which are coming out of this list

ceo, ts,bhi,rtp any one u like

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #66119
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
8/12/2008 3:00:38 PM

I noticed CEO and BHI too and am watching.

And it looks like Steel and Iron flashing a number of stocks too.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · WALLSTREETGENIUS IS SEEING "DEAD PEOPLE" AGAIN!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.