StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Watchlist filter?<< >>Post Follow-up
rrochon
117 posts
msg #42960
Ignore rrochon
4/14/2006 5:13:11 PM

I have a watchlist with my favorites in it and I have it linked to a Muddy filter. I can do a date offset to see what the filter has done since a particular date, but how do I do a backtest using the watchlist from a specific date?

glm47
51 posts
msg #42971
Ignore glm47
4/15/2006 7:01:46 PM

In the Basic Setup are of the backtest setup page use the Start and End dates.

The standard SF subscription has a 4 month limit on backtesting though. So for long backtest periods you will need to run multiple tests to get a full set of results. The advanced subscription has a two year backtest limit if I recall.

rtucker
318 posts
msg #42992
Ignore rtucker
4/16/2006 11:33:50 AM

By any chance Dick, are you tring to get Cegis backtest method to work with
"price 100 days ago touched lower bollinger band(20)" with a "look back offset" such as 5/1/05? If so, I could never get this to work either. I use "rsi(2) 100 days ago < 5" and draw bollinger band(20) to rough it.
If this isn't what your tying to do then, never mind.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Watchlist filter?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.