StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · We need Real Time Filtering and Charting Capabilities NOW!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
sswin
12 posts
msg #69241
Ignore sswin
11/16/2008 5:48:10 PM

I do need the real time scan capability and don’t mind the monthly fee. It’s crucial for all day traders. Please.

MJSlattery
1 posts
msg #70051
Ignore MJSlattery
12/26/2008 11:30:41 PM

I came back to SF in order to screen canidates for Day Trading. I would greatly prefer using the same great tools to track trades during the day as I use the night before to find them.
Thanks,

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #70054
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/27/2008 10:11:26 AM

Are you traders aware that TradeStation has release 8.4 out now?

It has real time screening.

marine2
963 posts
msg #70062
Ignore marine2
12/27/2008 2:44:09 PM

TRO, how much is Trade Station? If Stock Fetcher added this feature and be linked with someone like Fidelity or a major stock brokerage house they would explode with new subscribers. Also, putting all this under one subscription web site. The cost of having both Trade Station and Stock Fetcher and running both sites simultaneously would be combersome & expensive compared to the one stop shop concept I think Stock Fetcher could provide all of us.

Obviously, Stock Fetcher sees things differently because they never answer back about developing themselves into a more detailed and more concise trading platform.

A good example of added level of data capabilities and features is looking at Clearstation a web site that graphs and sets up scenario folders for you to play with. Their web site links to E-trade and when you want to trade all you do is hit E-Trades link while inside Clearstations web site and wah lah you can trade instantly. Of course you need to be a free member of Clearstation and an official member of E-Trade. But you know what I am saying here. Stock Fetcher could be linked simularly with one of the major brokerages providing a complete bevy of information and stock trading activiities all under one web site.

Then in additoin to all this they could add real time capabilities like what you said Trade Station provides.

Thinking outside the box just might get them a much larger subscription base of traders / investors.

Eman93
4,750 posts
msg #70148
Ignore Eman93
12/29/2008 11:40:40 PM

Trade Station runs around 160 a month...

Fidelity gave me Wealth Lab for free...they just put out a new version, it crashes when you try to screen over 20 stocks on a 3 min scale, but they are working on it, its also a pain to do anything on besides simple indicator stuff.

With all the talk about the "cloud computing" which SF has already and with its pretty straight forward code you are way ahead of the game already, just take the next step. It all comes down to $, be bold and expand, keep your price right and they will come.

The key I think is to build it around price every tick, you would only need to store 2 days worth of data, the rest could be loaded on request.

Partner with an up and comming broker who wants to compete with E trade, Tradestation and IB.

Just my 02, this is an wonderful site, love the stats.

mikechang
2 posts
msg #70301
Ignore mikechang
1/1/2009 7:17:44 PM

Wish to have REALTIME scan.

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #70323
Ignore petrolpeter
modified
1/2/2009 11:04:57 AM

Just updated from fridays data to mondays(todays).10:00 central.
Now I am showing wednesdays results.Something must be jazzed up here today.

heypa
283 posts
msg #70332
Ignore heypa
1/2/2009 12:54:46 PM

petrolpeter Today is Friday!

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #70339
Ignore petrolpeter
modified
1/2/2009 3:33:53 PM

I meant fri back to wed results,sorry.Thanks Heyp.

Had Fri results up then between filters sometime the charts started looking awfully familiar when it skipped back to wed.Why I oughta..........

acfncp3
59 posts
msg #70562
Ignore acfncp3
1/10/2009 9:56:54 AM

I'm not sure I understand .... doesn't SF have a "near real time feature" For instance if I was going to look for stocks where RSI crossed above 50 say at 12 pm. wouldn't SF give me the stocks that crossed say 8 or 20 mins ago. Am I reading this wrong. I haven't used this feature yet but would be interested if anyone is using SF this way.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · We need Real Time Filtering and Charting Capabilities NOW!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.