StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · What does Sell Hold Buy do for me?<< >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #113977
Ignore marine2
6/9/2013 12:38:15 PM

When we create a filter result and we have it in "chart" mode, what does the new verbiage of Sell, Hold, Buy do for me? For example if a stock chart comes up as a find from my filter I created what happens if I hit the "Buy" listed on the upper part of that stock / chart? What happens if I say "Hold" on that stock / chart? What happens if I say "Sell" on that stock / chart?

If StockFetcher staff is reading this could you please answer this question and if you don't hopefully one of our forum member's knows this answer.

Thank you.

heypa
283 posts
msg #113980
Ignore heypa
6/9/2013 2:05:33 PM

I don't know what utility this has. If it is a reminder for the next time you run the scan and it doesn't show up because it doesn't qualify where is its use to you? I never look at the scan results except to click on the resulting stock symbols. I only want to see the charts and do not want to be distracted or influenced by anything else. If it ain't on the chart it hasn't affected it. I never try to lead only try to be an obedient follower. IMHO

heypa
283 posts
msg #113981
Ignore heypa
6/9/2013 2:08:48 PM

When you do a back test does it look at anything that isn't (or could be) on the chart?

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #113985
6/9/2013 2:55:31 PM

Hi,

The buy/sell/hold is part of a feature set we plan on rolling out in the near future. At the moment think of this as a quick way to make notes on stocks which might meet your personal criteria for a buy/sell/etc. Some of the features we are planning include:

- Indicating your historical buy/sell/hold ratings on charts
- Screening based on these notations
- Following other user's ratings (if they choose to make their ratings public).

This feature can be hidden/displayed at any time through the "More...->Show My Ratings" menu option.

StockFetcher.com Support

mahkoh
1,065 posts
msg #113991
Ignore mahkoh
6/10/2013 1:54:41 AM

Just love the way you guys communicate new features.

marine2
963 posts
msg #113992
Ignore marine2
6/10/2013 3:10:54 AM

StockFetcher, thank you for answering my question. It still seems confusing to me at this point in time but once you roll out these new features and we as users play with them to get a feel for what they do for us I am sure those new features will help us. On this subject of new features coming on board and with the "Buy, Sell, Hold, features not quite ready to use now and with their identifiers being shown like they are on our stock charts from a filter we created, you might want to alert us earlier than this as to why they don't work and when they will be working in the future. Thank you.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · What does Sell Hold Buy do for me?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.