StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · When's this bear going to end?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
marine2
963 posts
msg #64637
Ignore marine2
7/2/2008 11:23:46 PM

Ok people, when is the market going to turn around? Way way too much negative news lately. American auto companies about to go bust, real estate prices are horrible, cpi is going up, our colleges tuitions are going up, healthcare zooming upwards, and insurance policies are out of control. Is this the end of our world class status, and are we headed to 3rd world status? Help me out here and put things in perspective. Are we seeing death before we die?

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #64638
Ignore FuriousThug
modified
7/2/2008 11:28:09 PM

In a word, yes.

But are you asking if there's a filter for your question?

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #64639
Ignore FuriousThug
7/2/2008 11:36:33 PM

Fetcher[too much negative news lately
and American auto companies about to go bust
and real estate prices are horrible
and cpi is going up
and colleges tuitions are going up
and healthcare zooming upwards
and insurance policies are out of control
]

FuriousThug
256 posts
msg #64640
Ignore FuriousThug
7/2/2008 11:37:31 PM

hrm...guess this is one for the Magic 8 Ball instead.

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #64641
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/3/2008 1:28:29 AM

marine2 -

You've been around here long enough to know that we are treading in unchartered waters. We had the worst June in almost 68 years! When our major banking institutions are having to lie to to shareholders about bad investments, and then 400 employees of that firm are under indictment because of it...and the federal government tries to cover it up by bailing them out on a weekend?...buddy, you KNOW you're in trying times!

So it's NOT going to end soon...it's only going to get worse. I cant remember a time in my lifetime where the world was so worried about the price of rice. When Ranchers cant afford to feed their Cattle, and Growers cant afford Transportation prices...you now have the recipe for the first stage of wide spread famine!...and to think it all started with corporate greed.

Listen, the market is now done! Real Estate and the housing market will NEVER return to form, because we haven't even seen the worst yet in our GLOBAL financial institutions! Banks and credit service companies are starting to show the early signs of default. Everything is now backward! Did you ever dream that the Mexican Peso would EVER outperform the American $Dollar$? Do you know that there are hundreds of thousands of AMERICAN families that are having to switch from bottled water to tap water because they cant afford the case price of even regular drinking water? What are we?...a 3rd world country now?

How often do your technical indicators and oscillators fail you now-a-days? Stocks are dropping out of interia at an alarming rate, and are giving us no warning what so ever! I lost over $6K on a stock today that I've held for 3-days, and that's never happened to my firm under my tenure in almost 2-years running! Everyone is shorting stocks and industries like they are the plague! Look at all the "Put" action in the option markets...it's ridiculas!

No "marine2"....the "Bear" is here to stay, and it's brought all it friends and family with it!...so "get ure shorts on"....because the heat is going to be so fierce, that for most americans, driving to the super market will be so stressful, that it will be like driving to see a proctologist for the first time!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #64644
Ignore chetron
modified
7/3/2008 6:41:21 AM

ultimately, this is only a correction.

before this, the last correction was the worst in history.

life is good.

enjoy it.

p.s. nice filter, thug

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #64646
Ignore luc1grunt
modified
7/3/2008 8:03:07 AM

WALLSTREETGENIUS
- Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified 7/3/2008 1:28:29 AM

marine2 -

You've been around here long enough to know that we are treading in unchartered waters. We had the worst June in almost 68 years! When our major banking institutions are having to lie to to shareholders about bad investments, and then 400 employees of that firm are under indictment because of it...and the federal government tries to cover it up by bailing them out on a weekend?...buddy, you KNOW you're in trying times!

So it's NOT going to end soon...it's only going to get worse. I cant remember a time in my lifetime where the world was so worried about the price of rice. When Ranchers cant afford to feed their Cattle, and Growers cant afford Transportation prices...you now have the recipe for the first stage of wide spread famine!...and to think it all started with corporate greed.

Listen, the market is now done! Real Estate and the housing market will NEVER return to form, because we haven't even seen the worst yet in our GLOBAL financial institutions! Banks and credit service companies are starting to show the early signs of default. Everything is now backward! Did you ever dream that the Mexican Peso would EVER outperform the American $Dollar$? Do you know that there are hundreds of thousands of AMERICAN families that are having to switch from bottled water to tap water because they cant afford the case price of even regular drinking water? What are we?...a 3rd world country now?

How often do your technical indicators and oscillators fail you now-a-days? Stocks are dropping out of interia at an alarming rate, and are giving us no warning what so ever! I lost over $6K on a stock today that I've held for 3-days, and that's never happened to my firm under my tenure in almost 2-years running! Everyone is shorting stocks and industries like they are the plague! Look at all the "Put" action in the option markets...it's ridiculas!

No "marine2"....the "Bear" is here to stay, and it's brought all it friends and family with it!...so "get ure shorts on"....because the heat is going to be so fierce, that for most americans, driving to the super market will be so stressful, that it will be like driving to see a proctologist for the first time!

- WALLSTREETGENIUS

Wow, something I can actually agree with. Price, volume, support and resistance.

Easy to trade the plunges or rallies in the very short term.

Yesterdays breaks provided large swings for scaling and relatively easy exits as price only needed a couple bars to stagger and fall.

Today will be the same especially with news.

:)

Of course the PHAT "investment" accounts are beginning to turn orange-red.

EdmondDantes
20 posts
msg #64656
Ignore EdmondDantes
7/3/2008 12:07:21 PM

Do not worry when things get to much out of control the Treasury will just print up more money to keep the illusion of the donkey chasing a carrot .
The will of the markets is on the shoulders of a few or fewer than 1%. Sometimes the 1% needs to tighten our chains to show that we are not free and we need to work harder or more . I am looking at Q2 2009 as optimal as for now just follow the 1% or build a filter to follow the big money.

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #64660
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
7/3/2008 4:03:58 PM

Numerous technological and fundamental buy signals have been ignored by the stock market in general because this is an oil-driven market.

If you remove energy, oil, coal, natural gas, commodities, agriculture, and food, the U.S. stock market is down 30 percent over the past 12 months.

Stick with what is working until some sort of normality returns. By the way, anyone happen to know what that is? :)

miketranz
956 posts
msg #64663
Ignore miketranz
7/3/2008 5:09:46 PM

Markets like this turn around after a 300+ point gap down panic.Big money players come in to buy up cheap shares that the public sold out.The market closes up for the day,shorts get crushed,get ready to go long.History repeats itself......

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · When's this bear going to end?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.