StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Who really wants to find the next NTRI?<< 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 >>Post Follow-up
kanuk
32 posts
msg #42739
Ignore kanuk
4/4/2006 6:20:07 PM

TRO:
It seems to me that the users of your filter are those who are able to trade throughtout the day, with much online data available. Will your filter (actually any one of the variants) work just as well for those of us who work the 8 to 5 shift and are unable to trade during the day?

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42743
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/4/2006 9:43:10 PM

kanuk 4/4/2006 6:20:07 PM

TRO:
It seems to me that the users of your filter are those who are able to trade throughtout the day, with much online data available. Will your filter (actually any one of the variants) work just as well for those of us who work the 8 to 5 shift and are unable to trade during the day?
===============================================================================

You question is the root of the problem.

The filter doesn't "work", you do, as in, you enter the trade based on your entry criteria and set your stops and/or targets based on your money management criteria. That's called TRADING!

A filter selects certain stocks. Usually the high will be higher than the open and the low lower. When will you enter the trade? That's up to you, not the filter. When will you exit the trade? Again, that's up to you.

You could buy at the open and place your exit $.50 above the open and your stop $2.00 below. On some stocks, I call them "cows", you can milk them like this daily. But on others, you will lose, lose, lose. Some days, you go long, some days you go short... but the filter doesn't determine which way, the opening gap does!

If you learn how to trade then just about any filter will work because YOU KNOW HOW TO TRADE!

Of course, some filters pick more winners than loser but that's irrelevant because it's up to YOU to trade.

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

cvamichael
21 posts
msg #42753
Ignore cvamichael
4/5/2006 2:34:45 PM

Kanuk,
I agree with TRO, you have to work the trades, and you can do it around your schedule. I own a business in Los Angeles and have found that with these great filters TRO has shared with us I can work them between 12-1 (lunchtime) for my buys and sells, then after 6pm when SF updates the filter results (to update my watchlist for the next day).

Good luck

kanuk
32 posts
msg #42760
Ignore kanuk
modified
4/5/2006 3:54:57 PM

Now, that's what I wanted to hear. But let me ask another question (I've got a thing going with dumb questions). The NTRI 'filter' seems, to me, to be a filter that's just run on the weekends, the results of which are used to populate a watch list for the next week. Correct?

Thank you

rtucker
318 posts
msg #42761
Ignore rtucker
4/5/2006 4:23:55 PM

NTRI himself looks like he may bust out here. Any thoughts on this stock or "you cant tell until you bet".

cvamichael
21 posts
msg #42768
Ignore cvamichael
4/5/2006 7:16:48 PM

Kanuk,

Noooo... These are daily filter results. This has to become a daily practice for you. You set your own schedule, one that works for you, a.m., p.m., midnight, whenever, but it will take you time and cost you money (losing trades) to get the edjucation on SF, just be patiant. Always paper trade first before placing any real money on the table.

I apologize to everyone for endulging these non filter providing posts. I will return to my desk now.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42769
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
4/5/2006 10:43:10 PM

cvamichael - no need to apologize. Feel free to add to the discussion.

You can use this filter daily or weekly or just use the stocks for the very first version.... it doesn't matter because...

IT'S NOT WHAT YOU TRADE, IT'S HOW YOU TRADE IT!

I know some of you may be tired of reading that line but a master is a master because they mastered the basics.

How many moves does it take to become a blackbelt?

Master those moves and forget the rest... same with trading, just master the basics and the profits will follow.

I told one person who asked for my help that I would help them only if they followed my instructions. They agreed. Last month the only stock they were allowed to trade was SIRI. What happened? They made money! Why? Because they were focussed on TRADING.

At the end of the month, they wanted to know if they could trade something else. I asked them if they made money trading SIRI and they said yes. I asked them why do they want to change. So they get to reread everything I sent them and can only trade SIRI this month. Do you think they will show a profit or a loss at the end of this month?

Look at SIRI's chart. Could you, would you have made money trading SIRI?

mldtrades
6 posts
msg #42781
Ignore mldtrades
4/6/2006 2:32:12 PM

TRO,

I have been paper trading your filter with some success. Would it be possible to get the info that helped the trader practice with SIRI? Appreciate all you offer here on the forum.

Thanks

kanuk
32 posts
msg #42795
Ignore kanuk
4/6/2006 8:15:16 PM

TRO:
In your comments from your entry on 3/20/2006 1:52:38 PM you recommend looking to buy UPTRENDING stocks that have bottomed in the WARM display. Do you have a fixed value, say 10 or 20, for the 4 indicators that make up WARM. If so, rather than adding the 4 columns that make up WARM, the coding could be modified to display the WARM value - that would say it all.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #42797
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/6/2006 11:15:34 PM

TRO,

I have been paper trading your filter with some success. Would it be possible to get the info that helped the trader practice with SIRI? Appreciate all you offer here on the forum.

Thanks
===============================================================================

If you have read what I have posted on SF then you have the EXACT same info.

Did you see SIRI today?

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Who really wants to find the next NTRI?<< 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 ... 31 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.