StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Williams %r(2) and weekly charts - Question to WSG<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65557
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/28/2008 7:41:19 PM

Thanks SF.

cello13
88 posts
msg #65566
Ignore cello13
7/29/2008 2:12:54 AM

Thanks Riggs. I'll try it.

rgrgrg
11 posts
msg #65570
Ignore rgrgrg
7/29/2008 11:23:57 AM

any thoughts on when to enter the trade

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65576
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/29/2008 1:47:48 PM

I've already posted that. Redundancy is NOT my favorite past time, but I will start using this thread for entries and exits. I just cant keep posting the same things over & over...you understand...

RIGGS

cello13
88 posts
msg #65591
Ignore cello13
7/30/2008 2:48:36 AM

Hi Riggs

May you give us some sample trades. I think this is the easiest way for us to follow your explanations. Thanks anyway for your patience ;-)

PS: Give me a fish and I eat for a day. Teach me to fish and I eat for a lifetime. :-)

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65595
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
modified
7/30/2008 9:38:12 AM

Here'a what happened just yesterday alone...

====================================================

Fetcher[WILLIAMS %R(2) IS INCREASING LAST 2-DAYS
RSI(2) IS DECREASING LAST 2-DAYS
SORT COLUMN 9 DESCENDING
VOLUME IS ABOVE 100000
DRAW WEEKLY WILLIAMS %R(2)
DRAW WEEKLY RSI(2)
CLOSE IS ABOVE 5
OFFSET 1

set{RSb,days(RSI(2) is above RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSa,days(RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2)
1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSxRS
add column WLxWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

====================================================

CLEARLY RSI(2) is inferior to my Williams(2),(including the weekly!) and
it doesn't matter how you "offset" it, OR argue it!..numbers don't lie....

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

Jay123
9 posts
msg #65615
Ignore Jay123
7/30/2008 9:55:35 PM

WSG... Can you please indulge a newbie and explain how to interpret the results of your Riggs RSI vs Williams MRI scan? Specifically, what are wrval, adval, and rsval, and how do you interpret their chart lines? I gather than we're looking for RSI decreasing while %R(2) is decreasing, but how does that relate to the wrval, adval, and rsval?

Also, what are rsxrs and wlxwl?

I haven't picked up enough of the finer points of the SF programming language yet to decipher the formulas.

Thanks,
Jay

WALLSTREETGENIUS
983 posts
msg #65618
Ignore WALLSTREETGENIUS
7/30/2008 11:08:45 PM

I gather than we're looking for RSI decreasing while %R(2) is decreasing, but how does that relate to the wrval, adval, and rsval? Also, what are rsxrs and wlxwl?

Jay -

Glad to explain. "rsxrs and wrxwr" is nothing more than the amount of consecutive days days RSI(2) & Billy(2) went up or down. I keep this on my dashboard, and look for stocks in some of my other filters showing the divergence between the two. I usually enter the day when WR INCREASES two(2) consecutive days, while RSI DECREASES two(2). As long as you have a positive weekly on either the MACD-H or RSI(2), this is litterally one of the most incredibly dangerous entries in all T/A. I've said this for some time now, that those who follow blindly the daily RSI(2), are the ones that are really missing out on HUGE gains...not to mention the exact and precise entry time into a falling stock!

I once bought into the RSI philosophy, but I'm a perfectionist, and NEED to be in & out of stocks before their run-ups. RSI(2) DOESN'T give you that! It never does. What it gives you, is a clue that the end is near. It doesn't offer you "precise" entry or exit timing. Now, it does offer good divergence signals, but how often do you see that on say a 3-month chart of a particular stock? Maybe once! Also, when a stock is falling and you're trying to catch the bottom, RSI(2) will hug the "0" line and stay there for days on end, while Billy(2) NEVER does that, and begins to paint a picture of divergence, or an early clue of an up-day. When a stock then breaks out, RSI(2) breaks out, but you were able to get in the day before with Billy(2) and capture ALL of that breakout in the AM, where as you would have to get in on the tail end of that days gains with RSI(2). I challenge ANYONE on any stock to tell me different. Notice no one has?....

- WALLSTREETGENIUS -

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65656
Ignore chetron
7/31/2008 7:50:54 PM

debugged version....

fetcher[

/* ((( RIGGS RSI VS WILLIAMS DIVERGENCE SCAN ))) */

Fetcher[Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2) 1-day ago
RSI(2) is below RSI(2) 1-day ago
Volume is above 50000
Sort column 2 descending

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSxRS
add column WLxWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR

set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}
]

]

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #65657
Ignore chetron
7/31/2008 7:53:05 PM

another one....

Fetcher[

/* WSG */

WILLIAMS %R(2) IS INCREASING LAST 2-DAYS
RSI(2) IS DECREASING LAST 2-DAYS
SORT COLUMN 9 DESCENDING
VOLUME IS ABOVE 100000
DRAW WEEKLY WILLIAMS %R(2)
DRAW WEEKLY RSI(2)
CLOSE IS ABOVE 5
OFFSET 1

set{RSxRS, RSa - RSb}
set{WLb,days(Williams %R(2) is above Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WLa,days(Williams %R(2) is below Williams %R(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{WLxWL, WLa - WLb}

ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
add column RSxRS
add column WLxWL
ADD COLUMN SEPARATOR
]

]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Williams %r(2) and weekly charts - Question to WSG<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.