StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · "Within" search appears broken..........pls help!<< >>Post Follow-up
Dobbin69
5 posts
msg #149744
Ignore Dobbin69
12/2/2019 10:00:50 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum but have just subscribed to SF after trialling for a few weeks. It's very useful. However one thing I have a problem with is the "within" phrase and I'd really appreciate feedback or help with this. I could well be approaching things wrongly but when I type "CCI(20) was below -200 within the last 6 days" on todays date it returns 3 matches (from memory) but when you replace the 6 days with 3 days as a test it returns a lot more entries. This is obviously not acting as I want it to, as with lesser number of days the results should be the same as or lower than 6 days not more!

Obviously this is not the full extent of my search query as I look for more than just the CCI but when this one line shows incorrect results, I can't trust using the within phrase at all. I have tried getting around this by saying for example "CCI(20) was below -200 6 days ago" which appears fine but what if there was one 5 days ago, or 4 etc etc, and I really want to be able to use the "within" phrase.

Any ideas on a workaround or is it just that I am inputting things the wrong way round etc?

Many thanks for taking the time to read/reply to this in advance.

Cheers!

Scott

Copied to here from general discussion where it probably shouldn't have been posted..

nibor100
1,010 posts
msg #149754
Ignore nibor100
12/2/2019 1:01:11 PM

When I use this below filter, I get 11 results many with nan in some of the columns:
Fetcher[
CCI(20) is below -200 within the last 6 days

add column CCI(20) add column CCI(20) 1 day ago
add column CCI(20) 2 day ago add column CCI(20) 3 day ago add column CCI(20) 4 day ago
add column CCI(20) 5 day ago add column CCI(20) 6 day ago
]

When I use this below filter, I get 58 results
Fetcher[
CCI(20) is below -200 within the last 3 days

add column CCI(20) 2 day ago add column CCI(20) 3 day ago add column CCI(20) 4 day ago
]

When I use the below filter, I get 814 results this one is definitely more accurate than the other 2, why I don't know.....
Fetcher[
add column count(CCI(20) is below -200,6) is above 0

]

Hope this helps,
Ed S.

Dobbin69
5 posts
msg #149770
Ignore Dobbin69
12/3/2019 7:26:19 AM

Ed S many thanks for replying and for your help, cheers!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · "Within" search appears broken..........pls help!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.