StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · You got to see this ... impressive results $$$$$ !<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
xplorer
257 posts
msg #26901
Ignore xplorer
6/16/2003 8:23:59 PM

I refined the sort to make it better... I added in
the RSI to be above 45. After reviewing some of the
other postings, I grabbed this to enhance what is already
very effective ...the results are even more spectacular, check this out :

Fetcher[Show stocks where slow Stochastic(5) fast %D is below 20
and close reached a new 3 day low
and Volume is below Average Volume(10)
and volume is above 125000
and close is between 2 and 7
and RSI is above 45
]

jim_c_hill
61 posts
msg #26903
Ignore jim_c_hill
6/16/2003 11:40:28 PM

I looked at this filter given above

Show stocks where slow Stochastic(5) fast %D is below 20 and close reached a new 3 day low and Volume is below Average Volume(10) and volume is above 125000 and close is between 2 and 7 and RSI is above 45

in my key market period, May 3, 2002 forward. It is a primary bear market for at least three months. This is one of the few filters I have seen give good results in this time period.

A caveat: if you use price range 5 to 50 then the results are not good for this time period. I am finding a number of the proposed filters used in several suggested filters work fairly well if the price range is 1 to 5 but do not if the price is 5 to 50. Once the price becomes larger, the filters seem to mimic the market to a great degree.
Jim Hill

Koronbock
201 posts
msg #26910
Ignore Koronbock
6/17/2003 5:23:43 AM

Jim,
interesting observation. I have observed the same thing. Most filters that I have seen and looked at, deteriorate significantly when used with higher priced stocks. Usually anything under 10 will work. But some people have advocated filters extremely low "prices between 0 and 1". This can show good results ON PAPER, but practically, these penny stocks are very hard to buy and sell because mostly there is not enough volume, there behavior is erratic, sometimes going up and down wildly, and the bid/ask spread can be very high, something that does not show in testing.

As a side note: I just bougth a copy of METASTOCK and I will try to test some of the ideas with it. Have you done some testing with it yourself?
Werner

xplorer
257 posts
msg #26937
Ignore xplorer
6/18/2003 9:30:29 PM

Just wanted to show a couple of results to show how this screen performed ...as the method was created to do. I will share both the good and the bad. So here is my analysis ...

On "end of day" results for June 15 (two full trading days ago) there was a count of 90 stocks "fetch'd"... today June 18 the top four (from June 15 resuklts) performed impressively ABTL (up 25.96%), RFMD(up 25.10%), APHT(up 16.64%) and INSM(16.10%) ... to be fair there was loosers too. The loosers just weren't "ready" ... and wouldn't have been selected as investments two days ago (by anaylyzing the price trend)... but now even considering these "biggest loosers" of the stocks "fetch'd" are looking ripe ! (now if the market as a whole co-operates), then these "loosers" may be big winners too ! The bottom of the list is ARQL (down a full 13.6 %)... and still looks bad ... down on heavy volume ...(DANGER)...too risky! CRGN (down 9.8%) is looking ready ... probably will hit $5.50 before heading up (that where there is a support level)... and this is where would put my buy order in at. IINT ... looks ripe ... looks like it could be an easy 10% return. And lastly ARIA ... it is hitting a little support at $3.75 ... but may easily head to $3.25 before coming back up.

Please share your views on these ......as I am just offering my views. I do beleive the market as a whole maybe pulling back ... and may restrict alot of the potential here... we need to watch this closely Remember ..this Friday (June 20 is Option Expiration day !).

TRADE ON !!!

xplorer
257 posts
msg #26945
Ignore xplorer
6/19/2003 1:04:00 PM

Jim_c_hill ...
and
Koronbock ...

Great obervations as to "following the market" ... this is well seen and even more pronounced when you look at a single equity and the sector that it is within. I guess that where a "mind-melt" between the good ole "fundamentalists" and the "Tecni-analyst". Once a ripe sector has demonstrated the technical support of a breakout, selecting an equity from within using fundamentals may be the ultimate selection technique. ... though that is not a new idea.

I played with the "fetch" to perform with the higher based stocks ... and I did refine it towards those stocks ... but it still didn't perform as well as the ones from the original "$2.00 to $7.00" range.... but here is what I came up with ... I hope it helps.

Fetcher[Show stocks where slow Stochastic(15) fast %D is below 25
and close reached a new 5 day low
and Volume is below Average Volume(5)
and volume is above 500000
and close is above 15
and RSI is above 40
]

Enjoy !

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · You got to see this ... impressive results $$$$$ !<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.