StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Your favorite 1 month indicator<< >>Post Follow-up
rudolf100
6 posts
msg #101725
Ignore rudolf100
7/20/2011 6:52:02 AM

So my question is:

If you had to buy and hold a stock for a month and you couldn't sell early and
you had to base the decision off of 1 indicator which would it be?

(not market or industry strength either, also no chart lookup lol)

wcurtis
54 posts
msg #102881
Ignore wcurtis
10/9/2011 8:56:15 PM

I would follow the MA(80) a month is an eternity is this market.

straken
469 posts
msg #102896
Ignore straken
10/10/2011 3:02:51 PM

Providing that its the only option available I would use the RVI. Similar to the inverse of the rsi but taking volatility into account it is a very overlooked and underused indicator. I use several variations of different timeframes in many of my filters. Such as the example I have provided for the parabolic move on apple last summer. The rvi for this timeframe reached a 30 day low volatility reading and provided a nice 5 day slope for confirmation. ......If I was limited to being trapped for 1 month this would be my indicator of choice.

Fetcher[
Draw rvi(30,10)
symlist(aapl)
offset 07/01/11
]

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #102911
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
10/12/2011 6:06:10 PM

"(not market or industry strength either, also no chart lookup lol)"

NO CHART LOOKUP?

So the indicator is just in a table?

Do we get to see prior days, weeks, months?

Is it a daily reading? Or can I have weekly? Monthly?

My gut feeling is I would want to know the YTD HIGH/LOW - that would be my indicator. I would know where price is within that range.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · Your favorite 1 month indicator<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.