StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · best way to play whole market strength vs weakness<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #51198
Ignore MARY4MONEY
4/18/2007 3:24:33 PM

averys filter above gives spectacular results- when back testing take off the the stop looss-put nothing in the box-this allow for finding its bottom eventually then making a move up-- for the sameple time frame i used- 7-21-06- to today-- for a 10 % stop gain-67% winners for a 5% win stop gain-77% winners and for 2.5% win stop out -95% winners- when you are back testing-the given stop losses they give are not good because of the extremely volatility you see on most stocks at their bottoms- by not using a stop loss- you let the stock recover and go above the stock buy price- and when you lower the % profit you want from 10% down- it greatly increases you % of winners

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #51201
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/18/2007 5:03:33 PM

TRO, i hope this question doesn't sound too stupid.

What are the trend numbers telling me? I see numbers ranging from 1.0 to 111.00

Thanks for your help, it is greatly appreciated.
============

TREND is in XYZ format where

x = 1, then 10 day lin reg is up, = 0, then 10 day lin reg down

y = 1, then 60 day lin reg is up, = 0, then 60 day lin reg down

z = 1, then 200 day lin reg is up, = 0, then 200 day lin reg down

TREND = 111 means all the lin reg lines are sloping up or UP TREND.

TREND = 000 means all the lin reg lines are sloping down or DOWN TREND.

TREND = 011 means 10 day down but 60 and 200 day up.

Understand?

ham1198
174 posts
msg #51212
Ignore ham1198
4/19/2007 7:34:02 AM

Thank you, my good sir. You are a tremendous asset to this board. I can't thank you enough.

maxreturn
745 posts
msg #51219
Ignore maxreturn
4/19/2007 1:58:26 PM

Anybody care to interpret Mary's post? My head is still spinning.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · best way to play whole market strength vs weakness<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.