StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · bollinger bands<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 >>Post Follow-up
jprowe
17 posts
msg #26929
Ignore jprowe
6/17/2003 10:47:01 PM

Shelshel,
Do you mind telling me if and what you traded on 6-17(Tuesday)? Thanks! DAB was most helpful in clearing up something I missed on the MFI (I got into RNWK today at 6.64) and wanted to ask if you got in the market with any new trades???

Many thanks,
Jon
jprowe(at)onebox(dot)com

shelshel
11 posts
msg #26930
Ignore shelshel
6/18/2003 6:19:57 AM

jprowe

I purchased KANA on Tuesday. Aslo, in my setting under results I have added column Money Flow Index. This gives me exactly what the MFI was for this day. I put in an order to buy UBET for Wednesday.

jprowe
17 posts
msg #26931
Ignore jprowe
6/18/2003 9:05:09 AM

Shelshel,
Thanks for answers and tip. I changed my settings to match what you said and can see this will save me from going into each chart to figure the calculations.

Jon

jprowe
17 posts
msg #26932
Ignore jprowe
6/18/2003 9:18:03 AM

Shelshel,
He's baaaaaackkkk.....I promise I'll go away soon (well, maybe). After I added the MFI to my results and checked KANA and RNWK (by setting the date offset to 1) the MFI for RNWK is lower than KANA. Which gives RNWK a 1 for volume and for MFI.

I'm sure I screwed something up, just curious what???

Many thanks,
Jon

shelshel
11 posts
msg #26939
Ignore shelshel
6/18/2003 10:18:42 PM

jprowe

I went back 2 days to check out how I would have ranked them and according to the volume and MFI I would have purchased RNWK, however, the evening that I looked at them KANA was the buy with the lower MFI since they tied in my ranking system. DABONENOSE post of 6/17 confirms this. I don't know if the numbers changed or what. I can't explain it.

dabonenose
26 posts
msg #26947
Ignore dabonenose
6/19/2003 2:16:43 PM

shelshel,,,,what is the syntax to add the money flow collumn???

tkx,
Dab

defghca
150 posts
msg #26948
Ignore defghca
6/19/2003 2:58:19 PM

suprisingly .. add column mfi

jprowe
17 posts
msg #26952
Ignore jprowe
6/19/2003 10:27:54 PM

Shelshel,
Thanks as always for taking the time to help. It is odd that the numbers are changing. I don't doubt I could have made the initial error because I was looking at the indicator graph and scale which were very close. Now that I have the MFI reading I shouldn't make that mistake again.

If you don't mind me asking you some advice....I did get into RNWK at 6.64 the next morning and based on my back testing your filter has a high % of winners even if it isn't the lowest MFI. RNWK is at 6.13 and I'm applying your 15% stop rule and cool with that. Would you still be in RNWK at this point?? I can be patient and hang on I'm just looking for some words from someone who has been doing this awhile.

Many thanks,
Jon

shelshel
11 posts
msg #26953
Ignore shelshel
6/19/2003 11:42:36 PM

jprowe,

I currently own rnwk and have a stop loss initiated at 5.98. I also just went through and put a bunch of stop loss orders in on most of my stocks since I'll be out of town for over a week with no access to the internet (Vacation!!!). I wanted to preserve my gains while limiting my losses. I learned my lesson the hard way over the last couple of years. I owned some very good stocks...DELL, CSCO, EMC etc and rode them up for some sizable gains but never quite new when to sell so unfortunately I'm sitting with a few losers and a few gainers instead of all gainers. I was good at buying but could never seem sell. Now my philosophy has changed and I try to take the emotion out of investing and go by the numbers. So if the technical indicators say sell I sell. I rather make a little than none at all. Sure some of the stocks I sell go up but on the other hand some keep going down. I don't look back to see how the stock I sold are doing rather I look forward for new opportunities.

Any time you have any questions I'd be more than happy to answer them if I can. Good luck with the filter.

jprowe
17 posts
msg #26960
Ignore jprowe
6/20/2003 10:34:43 AM

Shelshel,
Glad to hear you will be getting some R&R. I'm sure your stocks will be doing there part to pay for your trip;) As always the advice is invaluable and I appreciate your feedback and assistance. Have a great week!!

Thanks as always,
Jon

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · bollinger bands<< 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 23 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.