StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · buying stock by date<< >>Post Follow-up
CoalMiner41
6 posts
msg #94777
Ignore CoalMiner41
7/14/2010 12:05:11 PM

hey guys, having trouble with a filter.

I am trying to buy stock X on the 13th of every month
and buy stock X 3 days before the end of each month.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #94804
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
7/15/2010 12:26:11 PM

I don't think this is possible in SF right now.

wkloss
231 posts
msg #94816
Ignore wkloss
7/15/2010 7:27:08 PM

Coal Miner41,

I asked SF the same question a few days ago and what Kevin says is correct. It sounds like you are using something from one of Larry Connors books or what used to be called seasonality by a now defunct newsletter (market Logic, which could be the name of their book).

I traded the seasonality system during the last half of the 1990's and made a ton of money which I eventually gave most of back by changing the rules. The simplicity of the system and the ability to use leverage made this a great system...until it stopped working. I think Connors' version is backed by good research and uses different entry dates. When Market Logic sold to Wiley Publishing, seasonality was associated with a new newsletter which offered a simple metod for backtesting end of month trades. I don't recall if they offered mid month backtesting. I remain very interested in this type system and would like to find a way to backtest Connors' version. If you find a way, please post it.

Kevin likes Connors systems and hopefully he will share his thoughts on Connors system.

Bill

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · buying stock by date<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.