StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · cup w/o handle help plz<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
dkatz
64 posts
msg #38258
Ignore dkatz
9/29/2005 8:29:27 AM

Goal here is to find stocks with cup shape or saucer shape (depth of which doesn't matter too much) where right lip is established when closing price first exceeds the high of the cup/saucer left lip AND On Balance Volume first exceeds left lip high as well. So price and OBV pierce level established by respective high of left lip. Simple but potentially very powerful with good entry and exit strategies. Any help out there? Thanks.

jaketheguy
52 posts
msg #38264
Ignore jaketheguy
9/29/2005 8:38:10 PM

<<<Simple but potentially very powerful with good entry and exit strategies.>>>
What entry and exit strategies are you referring to? Why would such a filter be any more powerful than, for example, one that finds stocks crossing resistance on high volume?

riggs
313 posts
msg #38268
Ignore riggs
9/29/2005 10:13:16 PM

Jake -

You are not very smart are you? It's very simple....The pattern he is asking about happens to be one of the most potent patterns that exsists in all of technical analysis. The "cup" or "saucer" is a potential long position. Your breakout on high volume could just be a short swing trade. That is obviously what he is NOT looking for. Why don't you start helping people instead of arguing with them and thinking you are smarter than everyone? If someone is here looking for something, they are usually pretty bright individuals, so give us some credit will ya? Maybe YOU jake, should just sit back and watch for awhile because you have just told us how uniformed you really are to this site.

Riggs.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38270
Ignore alf44
9/30/2005 12:39:28 AM

this is not my argument but...

...I will say that "jake", while maybe somewhat new here, HAS shown himself to be very helpful...at least to me.

And...he is unquestionably quick at picking up on some of the finer points of filter writing. Especially with regard to some of the "logic" stuff.

He gets it ! Or, seems to.

He is an asset to this site ! imo

alf44

dkatz
64 posts
msg #38271
Ignore dkatz
9/30/2005 1:33:51 AM

Riggs -- thanks for the back-up ... Jake -- more powerful because it clearly delineates a measured move down, then up, more reliable than crossovers etc. From there, candlesticks define the trade. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, does anyone know how to write such a filter?

riggs
313 posts
msg #38272
Ignore riggs
9/30/2005 2:23:03 AM

alf44 -

With all due respect to you, BIG F'EN DEAL! So do about 25 other guys around here but I don't see then crapping on other people's threads. It seems to me that I was trying to help someone here and then someone else was asking for my advice, and then Jake decided to but in when he had no business doing so. He proved that when that dwewel came out of his mouth about "Cups." He should learn more about patterns and stick to filters rather than telling someone else their value here. Imo

Riggs

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38273
Ignore alf44
9/30/2005 12:48:47 PM

riggs,

With all due respect...re-read my post !

I stand by what I said !

Regards,

alf44

riggs
313 posts
msg #38275
Ignore riggs
9/30/2005 6:08:45 PM

alf44 -

Who the heck cares if you stand by a clown! He'll only get face paint(egg)on you. As for re-reading your post, I only take out the garbage once a week so what's the point?

Riggs :)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38276
Ignore alf44
9/30/2005 6:14:33 PM

get a clue, doofus !

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #38278
Ignore alf44
9/30/2005 7:29:11 PM

...and let's be perfectly clear, riggs !

The ONLY "clown" that has posted on this thread is Y-O-U !

Put it this way - if "dkatz" is actually serious about creating a scan for finding possible "cup w/handle" patterns (and I assume he is or he wouldn't have created the thread). Well...from what I've seen of "jake"...he is certainly FAR more capable of helping him out than you are.

In fact, when I read jake's post...it appears to ME that he only asked for some clarification from dkatz as to his rationale ! It was YOU that attacked him !

It is YOU that is the "clown" !

Get a clue, doofus !

alf44

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · cup w/o handle help plz<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.