StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · defining attributes of a candle in the past<< >>Post Follow-up
VousDeux
17 posts
msg #59590
Ignore VousDeux
2/10/2008 10:55:27 PM

Greetings:

I'm trying to make a filter that will look for a sort of double- or triple-bottom situation, but I need to be able to specify specific conditions for earlier bottoms. For example, the first bottom would need to happen on a wide-range candle--with a fairly long tail--on very high volume.

Consider this example:

Fetcher[
set{lowDay,days(low reached new 4-week low,10)}
set{lowDayVol,days(volume more than 200% above average volume(30),10)}
show stocks where average volume(30) > 100000
and price above 5
and lowDayVol equals lowDay
]

In this example the filter finds a 4-week low that occurred within the 10 days, but I cannot seem to refer to that specific day in order to define the range of the day, or other attributes.

I have tried referring to it as 'lowDay-days ago' (with and without the hyphen), but it doesn't seem to work that way:

Fetcher[
set{lowDay,days(low reached new 4-week low,10)}
set{lowDayVol,days(volume more than 200% above average volume(30),10)}
show stocks where average volume(30) > 100000
and price above 5
and lowDayVol equals lowDay
and low lowDay days ago more than 20% below open lowDay days ago
and close above open
]

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59591
Ignore nikoschopen
2/11/2008 3:14:30 AM

This will get around the problem associated with two different conditions (eg. hammer formation and volume spike) that must occur on the same day in the past. I'll leave the rest for you to solve on ure own. Cheers!

Fetcher[
set{tail, min(open, close) - low}
set{hammer, tail / day point range}
set{both, count(hammer above 0.66,1) / count(volume more than 200% above average volume(30),1)}
set{dayz, days(both equals 1,15)}
dayz above 10

add column dayz
]

VousDeux
17 posts
msg #59633
Ignore VousDeux
2/11/2008 8:05:52 PM

Hey! That does look helpful. I probably won't have much time to mess with it until the weekend though. I sure do appreciate your taking the time to respond.

Thanks a bunch!

mktmole
325 posts
msg #59739
Ignore mktmole
2/17/2008 4:24:29 PM

V and Niko,
Your efforts stirred up thoughts expanding upon the filter idea above.
Is it possible to scan for;
the > 200% Vol spike with Wide Range down bar" (ie > 20 above Average Day Range(10) , having a close below open, that both occur on the same day, 10 to 60 days ago.
And today the close crossed above the open of that wide range bar?

Thanks!

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59746
Ignore nikoschopen
modified
2/17/2008 6:29:22 PM

mktmole,

When requesting for help, avoid using long sentences. This only creates more confusion than anything. As an example, the following lines could have been broken into many fragments of simple statements.

the > 200% Vol spike with Wide Range down bar" (ie > 20 above Average Day Range(10) , having a close below open, that both occur on the same day, 10 to 60 days ago. And today the close crossed above the open of that wide range bar
  1. More than 200% Vol spike
  2. Wide Range down bar" (ie > 20 above Average Day Range(10))
  3. close below open
  4. etc, etc...
Having said that, here ya go:

Fetcher[
set{VSpike, count(volume more than 200% above volume 1 day ago,1)}
set{WRB, count(day range 20 above average day range(10),1) * count(close below open,1)}
set{both, VSpike/WRB}
set{dayz, days(both equals 1,60)}
dayz above 10

add column dayz
]

The "dayz" column will spit out when the volume spike with a wide range bar (WRB) took place.

The rest I would need to think about it. lol

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59747
Ignore nikoschopen
2/17/2008 6:44:04 PM

The second condition, namely today's close crossed above the open of that wide range bar, goes back to my end of the year Grinch request. Unfortunately, neither has SF implemented this request nor have I found a workaround.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · defining attributes of a candle in the past<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.