StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · dma(28,-14) / ema(13) crossover filter<< >>Post Follow-up
djones000buck
206 posts
msg #39915
Ignore djones000buck
1/3/2006 9:44:57 PM

I know a lot of filters have come from the dma(28,-14) and rsi(2) filters, I posted this to another thread but thought it may be worthy of its own thread. But utilizing any of the dma(28,-14) filters plot the ema(13) ema(13) crossovers depict entry and exits.

Problem is I can't get the crossed below/above to work, it's probably me because I am a newbie. But take a minute and look at a few examples I think you will be interested. Note MSFT and QQQQ's most recent moves a month or so back... Almost perfect entry's and exits, and those aren't the only ones. Seems almost like the more volume the stock carries the more accurate the scan is (or would be if I could get it to work)...

Pretty interesting, I have been back testing through different time periods and it seems to be pretty consistent, and in fact seems to work for shorts, also. It is a little difficult because the filter doesn't actually find the crossovers of the ema and dma yet.

If you have something that works would you mind sharing?

Also I am still working on my SF coding skills but what about adding a column to find stocks with the largest variance between the ema and dma values for a particular day/offset?

Thanks for the help in advance this has been a great site to learn at.

stocktrader
294 posts
msg #39916
Ignore stocktrader
1/3/2006 10:21:44 PM

I've found that using the dma(24,-14) as the entry is interesting on the Riggs/TRO filter. Due diligence required as I've only done some backtesting and not actually traded this method.

Entry:
1) Open price must be below dma(24,-14)
2) Price crosses above dma(24,-14)for entry
3) RSI(2) should be rising near at least > 50
4) Place a volitility stop after entry (v_sell_stop)
5) Exit before the daily close as a day trade

add to filter:

set{Threshold, dma(24,-14)}
set{adr,average true range(20)}
set{factor,adr * 1.25}
set{v_sell_stop,low - factor}

add column Threshold
add column v_sell_stop

draw dma(24,-14)

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #39931
Ignore TheRumpledOne
1/4/2006 2:29:43 PM

Did you mean (28,14) or really mean (24,14)??

"
stocktrader [Ignore] 1/3/2006 10:21:44 PM

I've found that using the dma(24,-14) as the entry is interesting on the Riggs/TRO filter. Due diligence required as I've only done some backtesting and not actually traded this method.

Entry:
1) Open price must be below dma(24,-14)
2) Price crosses above dma(24,-14)for entry
3) RSI(2) should be rising near at least > 50
4) Place a volitility stop after entry (v_sell_stop)
5) Exit before the daily close as a day trade

add to filter:

set{factor,adr * 1.25}

add column Threshold
add column v_sell_stop

draw dma(24,-14)"

djones000buck
206 posts
msg #39938
Ignore djones000buck
1/4/2006 4:36:32 PM

My apologies, I meant dma(24,-14), thanks for the correction, and info.

djones000buck
206 posts
msg #39940
Ignore djones000buck
1/4/2006 4:55:17 PM

Here would be a start at the filter, I left the crossover script out yet because I can't get the results to fit in testing but it does give a good start in looking at the crossovers and the volatility stop is a nice touch! I'll see what I can do with the time series forecast. Sorry I haven't figured out the magnifying glass filter link, I'll see what I can do about that in the mean time, also...

DMA(24,-14) increasing for the last 5 Days
and 5 day slope of dma(24,-14) > 0
and Close 5% below DMA(24,-14)
and price between 3 and 50
and Average Volume(90) above 300000
set{factor,adr * 1.25}

add column Threshold
add column v_sell_stop
draw ema(13)
draw dma(24,-14)
draw williams %r(14)
draw rsi(2)
sort column 5 descending
and date offset is 30

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · dma(28,-14) / ema(13) crossover filter<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.