StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · double stochastic (22,2)<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
four
5,087 posts
msg #116844
Ignore four
11/18/2013 10:09:09 PM

Fetcher[
draw double stochastic (22,2) crossed above 22

close < ma(22)

avgvol(2) 1 day ago > 250000
close > 11
add column annual dividend yield
]

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116845
Ignore alf44
modified
11/18/2013 10:48:02 PM

"four" ... you are nothing if not ... prolific !!!

-----

You crank out a seemingly ENDLESS stream of ... seemingly ENDLESS... ah hem ... "scans" !

Did I mention that they are ENDLESSLY seemingly ENDLESS ?

LOL

-----

Do you actually implement any of these ... ah hem ... "scans" ?

Do you actually UNDERSTAND any of them ?

If so ... rather than just ENDLESSLY posting them ... ENDLESSLY ... perhaps you could take a sec ... and attempt to explain WTF their particular attributes are ... !!!

-----

That would be SO MUCH MORE beneficial !!! IMO

:)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116846
Ignore alf44
modified
11/18/2013 11:05:59 PM

... or, am I just missing something (not likely) ???

Perhaps a brief explanation ???

An objective ... a rationale ... a trade setup ... something specific ???

Small request !!!

four
5,087 posts
msg #116847
Ignore four
modified
11/18/2013 11:39:54 PM

Perhaps a brief explanation ???

An objective ... a rationale ... something specific !!!

-- -- --

thoughts:
catch a ride on a longer term uptrend that is taking a second to rest
enter at high + a few pennies (i believe some here do this also)
prefer an immediate recovery versus a continuing drop that then recovers (don't catch a falling knife)
visually inspect charts (version of back testing)
currently trying to think about trading smaller units with scaling into and out of positions (any thoughts appreciated)
have difficulty determining exits (discussed in several past posts)
current filter posts usually will have dividend column (basically see dividend as a little kicker if position goes against)
playing with short observations and seeing if i "fit" with going short
investigating the wide rates on margin trading with the different brokers
amazed that the cost (commission) is so different with the brokers
knew many years ago that technical trading/patterns was fitting for me (ie pay little attention to annual reports...)
posting filters is a way of brainstorming and at the same time hoping someone can use or modify my thought to advance his/her bank roll
investigating multiple indicators to support confirm bottoms achieved (ie low rsi and low cci)
have done little with double stochastic (so i posted the one you see today)
use stockfetcher as an archive of filters (hence the prolific posting)

---- PCY 11/12/13 -- filter below
---- (No I did not place this trade)
---- A dividend and a positive move after an entry with no drop

set{x, rsi(3) - rsi(2)}
set{xx, x / rsi(2)}
draw xx 10 days ago above 2
xx above .5
draw rsi(5) on plot rsi(2)
rsi(5) below 10
close > 11
average volume(22) > 180123
add column annual dividend yield > 1
offset 11/12/13

-----

alf44

how do you use cci10 and cci30 ?
do you still use these?

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116848
Ignore alf44
modified
11/18/2013 11:50:15 PM

"use stockfetcher as an archive of filters (hence the prolific posting)"

---

That must be "one helluva War and Peace" ... archive !!!

FWIW ... I use stockfetcher as an archive as well ... I just "archive" them in "My Filters" until they're ... "ready for prime time"!

---

"posting filters is a way of brainstorming and at the same time hoping someone can use or modify my thoughts ..."

---

Now THIS ... I DO appreciate !!!

You are a very clever "SF code-ster" !!!

FWIW, your recent "SPY LOW Comparison" scan has inspired me to work on that basic idea ... WRT ... "Chaikin Money Flow" ... SPY vs. XYZ (in the filter results).

Still tweaking ...

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116849
Ignore alf44
modified
11/19/2013 12:12:54 AM

alf44

how do you use cci10 and cci30 ?
do you still use these?

-----

I like the CCI indicator ... but, currently I find others more visual for what I am looking for ... there is ONLY so much room on the roster ... CCI isn't currently on the Varsity !

PS.

I DO still use a MA(10) with a EMA(30) !!! fwiw

These are my goto MAs !!!

four
5,087 posts
msg #116850
Ignore four
modified
11/19/2013 12:16:36 AM

Thank you

PS http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/traders-action-zone.html (I am investigating this site)

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116852
Ignore alf44
modified
11/19/2013 12:29:44 AM

Finally ...

"four" ... You are an asset here !

I just wanted to nudge you a bit to provide a bit of "insight" into the numerous scans you post !

----

Trying to decipher my OWN scans ... weeks after I wrot'em is difficult enough.

To post a scan in the forums ... with NO explanation of what your thought process was when you wrote it ... is ... well ... senseless !

IMHO

PS.

Okay, "senseless" is a bit harsh !

heypa
283 posts
msg #116863
Ignore heypa
11/19/2013 11:06:09 AM

Alf. A bit hard? I am a dinosaur since the world has passed me by at 87. I am not a whiner unless pointing out problems within a new change is whining. I don't think I have whined since childhood but I can't be sure with my failing memory.

alf44
2,025 posts
msg #116864
Ignore alf44
modified
11/19/2013 11:48:56 AM

Thank you

PS http://www.swing-trade-stocks.com/traders-action-zone.html (I am investigating this site)

-----

four ... that is a pretty incredible coincidence ... as I have spent some time on that site recently !

Some good info there ! IMO

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · double stochastic (22,2)<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.