StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · hammer filter builder help<< >>Post Follow-up
tradingcards
3 posts
msg #55425
Ignore tradingcards
9/30/2007 8:28:50 PM

can someone look at this filter builder and tell me what i need to change. I got this from the public filter list. it is almost what i am looking for, but the writer of this filter wants the candle to have a very close open and close. I do not want the tight open and close criteria because it seems to limit the results too much. I care about the tail being very long. every time i change something it messes up the entire results so please help:

set{body_bottom,min(open,close)}
set{body_top,max(open,close)}
set{lshadowsize, body_bottom - low}
set{tshadowsize, high - body_top}
set{body_size, body_top - body_bottom}
set{body_size2, body_size * 2}
show stocks where tshadowsize is more than 3
and lshadowsize > body_size2
close above 5

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #55427
Ignore nikoschopen
9/30/2007 10:13:38 PM

First of all, the above filter seems more like an "inverted hammer" than a true hammer to me. Whatever the case, here's a simpler version:

Fetcher[
set{tail, min(open, close) - low}
set{range, tail / day point range}
range above 0.66
close below low 1 day ago
price above 5
]

I get 59 matches as of today (09/30). Is that too limiting?

lockwhiz
206 posts
msg #55459
Ignore lockwhiz
modified
10/1/2007 10:34:23 PM

...this sounded like a simple request ...until the results don't quite look at what you'd expect. More of a challenge then I expected...before I enter in too many of my biases I thought I'd post it ....not exactly what you are looking for ,,,but perhaps will get some neurons to fire... some interesting results !

Fetcher[
set{body_bottom,min(open,close)}
set{body_top,max(open,close)}
set{body_size,body_top - body_bottom}
set{lshadowsize, body_bottom - low}
/* *********** had a typo here ********* */
set{body_size2, body_size * 2}
set{tshadowsize, high - body_top}
lshadowsize is greater then .2
and lshadowsize is greater then body_size2
and body_size is greater then 0
and price is greater then .5
and open is less then Lower Bollinger Band(20)
and close is greater then open
and offset 0 days ago
]

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · hammer filter builder help<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.