StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · help with dma and going back in days<< >>Post Follow-up
arthur702
38 posts
msg #40513
Ignore arthur702
1/20/2006 2:51:21 PM

Hi, ive been using dma and trying to filter results for a date offset and the results are not coming out correctly. Does anyone know how to fix this or am I doing something wrong?

help appreciated, thanks.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #40515
Ignore nikoschopen
1/20/2006 3:02:02 PM

Can you post the actual filter you were using at the time?

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #40517
Ignore guru_trader
1/20/2006 3:42:04 PM

Are you sure the results aren't correct?

Keep in mind that when you backtest any displaced (DMA) filter, you won't see the crossing over on the chart. The DMA curve shifts positions every day as it moves forward, so when you look at a "backtest" or "historical chart" you'll only see where it did trigger an entry/exit at that time.

Hint:
What I like to do is plot a MA(14) along with the DMA(28,-14) ... this will show you the position where the DMA(28,-14) was in relation to price at that time. Then, look at how the DMA(28,-14) was approaching the MA(14) ... from above or below. After the crossover, time your entry with the RSI(2) entry filter.

arthur702
38 posts
msg #40540
Ignore arthur702
1/21/2006 10:51:58 AM

im confused, below is my setup and it works everytime when i look at the charts, how can i backsearch it to give me the correct results and how can i display the correct crossover?

help appreciated, thanks

show stocks where dma(20,-18) crossed below ma(20) 1 day ago and Average Volume(90) is above 150000 and show stocks that are optionable and close > 20 and draw adx(14,14)

arthur702
38 posts
msg #40559
Ignore arthur702
1/21/2006 2:58:43 PM

Hi, can someone please follow up to my question above and also, if my filter crossover has no date offset, is that the same as what I see on the chart when its backdated?

im sorry if my questions are a bit confusing, i have a hard time putting it into words. please help me, thank you all.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · help with dma and going back in days<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.