StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · larry connors and trading markets.com scammed me on my system<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
straken
469 posts
msg #84052
Ignore straken
12/8/2009 3:40:36 PM

M4M,
If you have "better stuff" I would be developing this better stuff and marketing it. By your own admission Connors people just took advantage of your generosity and developed it into a marketable item. As soon as a new technical system is used and found to be advantagous the street will find a way to manipulate it as they do the markets. It would not take you much time or IT prowess to develop a site similar to TM. If you have absolutely no programming experience at all any decent developer could turn a file server into a host and you could upgrade as hits or subscriptions would require and good asp or vb developers are a dime a dozen these days.

It would probably suprise most people to know many of the webservers running these sites are are simply desktop pcs running windows server 2003 or 2007 and getting their newfeed and quote feed through subscription services at Yahoo finance or Equityfeed.com. and integrating it into an asp.net, java or flash application they've built.

I am currently building an application similar to what I am describing simply because I have found no website or screener that gives me everything I want in the results nor gives me the ability to customize my indicators,triggers, and provide me with an alert. I like Esignal and TOS layout but it doesn't provide me the ability to customize data or retrieve or notate things such as # of upgrades vs downgrades or EPS revisions or history of P/E and growth %. I'm coding to use flash such
as the look of freestockcharts.com and stolen a few algorithms from programs I've cracked. If I can just get some time to finish it I would be happy for this groups members to do some beta testing.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #84054
Ignore karennma
modified
12/8/2009 4:20:28 PM

Why am I having a touch of DEJA-VU???
Do you "oldtimers" remember STOCKFETCHER MEMBER, "mark crisp"?
Didn't he take StockFetchter posts and filters and write a book on daytrading???
Is this the same "mark crisp"????

HERE

Latin proverb -
"Sub sole nihil novi est"
There's nothing new under the sun

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #84056
Ignore TheRumpledOne
12/8/2009 4:47:20 PM

Some people can be trusted and others can't.

History has shown this.

Someone is selling my free MT4 indicators on eBay in Germany.

Some people are better at the intellectual work and others are better at marketing it. Some marketers prey on intellectuals. How much did Bill Gates pay the author of DOS? Who even remembers his name? Do you think that guy is a billionaire?

That is one of the reasons I decided years ago to post my code for free. I wanted to put the people selling code for traders out of business. That is one of the reasons I get banned from other forums. I posted my SF filters for free. How many SF filter vendors are there?

M4M, showed me RSI(2) about the same time. The results are the RSI(2) filters that can be found for free on SF.

It is just too bad that people do not search the net for the free stuff BEFORE they shell out dollars to the marketers.

BarTune1
441 posts
msg #84057
Ignore BarTune1
12/8/2009 4:52:42 PM

seems that, according to the posts I have read, you are up like $4 billion dollars this year .... so why worry?

moby
314 posts
msg #84059
Ignore moby
12/8/2009 5:11:25 PM

Who cares if they use RSI(2), it's a 10yr old indicator...everybody and their dog knows it, especially if they've been on SF any length of time in the last 5 yrs...one indicator does not a system make.

fortyfour
189 posts
msg #84060
Ignore fortyfour
modified
12/8/2009 5:30:57 PM

The "author" of DOS may have been an employee of Bill Gates that deserved nothing more
than his paycheck or terms of contract.

Uncommon intellect is a resource naturally exploited by those with the uncommon drive,
brains and balls to succeed or fail by going it alone. That is business... that is America !

Stop crying and STEP UP like Larry Connors or Mark Crisp.......

To the rumpled one...... support either the rats or the intellects. Make a choice...
You cant have your cheese and eat it too !

PS:

"no i called bryce about it at trading markets and he came to my home and he learned from me- they knew nothing about it until i gave it to them"

When I re-read the above quote from MFM it is SO innocent . I mean no dis-respect here as I enjoy your posts
even if they are no use to me.

Most who post here pick up occaisional rare jewels " like Chets Vix today" but there are
tenderfoots that must "pay up" for years befor they realize "it cant be purchased".
There is a huge mrket for tenderfoots.

By Jesus , Mary....... why dont you hook up with someone to edit, and market a coherent system
based on your bottom/top calling, unusual option activity...... etc...

Otherwise this will be Deja Vu all over again.

miketranz
956 posts
msg #84101
Ignore miketranz
12/9/2009 5:54:57 PM

Avery,I appreciate your contributions.Anyone selling filters,systems,methods,are promoters who can't trade their way out of a paper bag.One way to get rid of them is to ask to see their account statements.I guarantee that well do it......

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #84105
Ignore johnpaulca
12/9/2009 7:12:33 PM

miketranz I couldn't agree with you more, lots of smoke and mirrors from these so call "gurus".

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · larry connors and trading markets.com scammed me on my system<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.