StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · magic box<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37510
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/18/2005 8:29:26 AM

Attempt #1

Fetcher[

set{xBB1, count(HIGH crossed above the upper bollinger band (20),1) - count(LOW crossed below the lower bollinger band (20),1)}

set{xBB2, count(close above the upper bollinger band (20),1) - count(close below the lower bollinger band (20),1)}

set{xBB, xBB1 + xBB2}

/* day 1 */

close 2 days ago below open 2 days ago
xbb 2 days ago below 0
Aroon Oscillator(25) 2 day ago below 100

/* day 2 */

close 1 day ago above open 1 day ago
Aroon Oscillator(25) 1 day ago below 87.5

/* day 3 */

Aroon Oscillator(25) crosses below 75
Williams %R(14) crosses below -50
]

shelupinin
120 posts
msg #37511
Ignore shelupinin
8/18/2005 11:22:21 AM

0 mathced stocks for this filter....

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37514
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/18/2005 12:42:32 PM

LOL.. I know...

I said first attempt!

I am not sure I understand what you want... can you give an example or two?

I need stock, date, and the parameters for AROON and Williams %R.

go4it
8 posts
msg #37521
Ignore go4it
8/18/2005 7:42:36 PM

ok !
what i'm looking for is stocks between 0.0008 and 0.30
volume greater than 500000 (otcbb/pinks)
filter for magic box???
day 1=red candle on lower bb aroon(8) down @100
day2=aroon(8) down drops to 87.5 white candle forms
day3=box confirmed aroon(8) down crosses 75 and wmr% crosses -50

so when stocks show up this will be drawn on the chart

i already have this filter:
Show all stocks where Average Volume(10) > 800000
and closing price is between .0008 and .25
the Aroon Up(8) crossed above 30 within the last 7 days
Show stocks where close is near lower bollinger band(20) within the last 7 days
Show +DI(14), -DI(14) ,ADX(14,14)
Show Slow Stochastic(5,3)
Show MACD(12,26,9)
Show ma (4,9,20,50,200)
show linear regression line(60,1.25)
show momentum(12)
show a/d
draw linear regression channel(60,1.25)
draw rsi(2)
draw williams %r(10)
draw momentum(12)
draw a/d
draw +di
draw -di
draw adx
draw ma(4)
draw ma(9)
draw ma(20)
draw ma(50)
draw ma(200)
draw macd
draw Slow Stochastics
warm above 0
SORT COLUMN 5 DESCENDING

set{CCb,days(close is above close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CCa,days(close is below close 1 day ago,100)}
set{CxC, CCa - CCb}
and add column CxC {C_x_C}

set{ClLo, close - low}
set{HiCl, high - close}
set{HiLo, high - low}
set{x, ClLo - HiCl}
set{CLV, x / HiLo}
set{accdist, CLV * volume}

set{adpct1, CLV + 1}
set{adpct, adpct1 *50}

set{rsix, count(rsi(2)crossed above 20, 1)}
set{wrx, count(Williams %R(10) crossed above -70 , 1)}
set{momox, count(momentum(12) above momentum(12) 1 day ago, 1)}
set{accdx, count(accumulation distribution above accumulation distribution 1 day ago, 1)}

set{rsib,days(rsi(2) is above rsi(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{rsia,days(rsi(2) is below rsi(2) 1 day ago,100)}
set{R2xR2, rsia - rsib}

set{xc2, rsix + wrx}
set{xc1, xc2 + accdx}
set{RSIWLR, xc1 + momox}

Set{n1, momox * 1}
Set{n2, rsix * 10}
Set{n3, accdx * 100}
Set{n4, wrx * 1000}

Set{na, n1 + n2}
Set{nb, n3 + n4}
Set{WARM, na + nb}

add column warm
add column RSI(2)
add column Williams %R(10)
add column momentum(12)
add column accumulation distribution
add column adpct

draw rsi(2)
draw Williams %R(10)
draw momentum(12)
draw accumulation distribution
draw adpct

set{rsix, count(rsi(2)crossed above 20, 1)}
set{wrx, count(Williams %R(10) crossed above -70 , 1)}
set{adpctx, count(adpct crossed above 20, 1)}
set{momox, count(momentum(12) above momentum(12) 1 day ago, 1)}

set{xc1, rsix + wrx}
set{xc, xc1 + adpctx}

xc above 0

add column xc
add column momox

this filter i know is familiar to u because u wrote lol
i added the lrc,bb time series etc so i have these charts

by the way how can i bring up a 10 day 60 min. chart??
i only have 3,6 mths and a year

tia

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37525
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/18/2005 8:13:41 PM

10 day / 60 minute charts are what I use on www.prophet.net

StockFetcher has daily and weekly data.

And I still need a STOCK and DATE as an example BEFORE I can "fix" the filter.

go4it
8 posts
msg #37527
Ignore go4it
8/18/2005 9:30:08 PM

will this help??

http://home.cinci.rr.com/kgoodrich/Magic%20Box.doc

have fun

appreciate u taking time to do this

go4it
8 posts
msg #37528
Ignore go4it
8/18/2005 9:33:40 PM

this goes with previous message

http://home.cinci.rr.com/kgoodrich/The%20Fairy%20Square.doc

tia

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37547
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/19/2005 4:17:18 PM

THE MAGIC BOX

The reason that I named this setup the Magic Box was so that you could relate to it and remember it faster. Without relationship to something, it is nothing to us. It must be something memorable to you before you can set it into your subconscious mind and see it always. If I said Snow White, or Peter Pan, or Moby Dick you could immediately draw it into your memory because it has relation to your past. The Magic Box is named to bring good feelings and hope. Just as Fairy Square and Knight’s Crossing which will become memorable when we do their special presentation later.

(A) The Magic Box is a pure two-day pattern. Basically the "close" of a red candle printing on or near lower Bollinger Band with the next day printing an "open white candle" (A1) On day one the Aroon Down is setting at 100 on the indicator and price is near the lower Bollinger Band. The Candlestick is dark-shadowed. (A2) On day two, to form the Magic Box, the Aroon Down must drop to 87.50, and price to form a white candle, to complete the box. No other indicator is watched until this occurs for this setup, just the Bollinger Band and the Aroon Down.

If you see a Magic Box develop, that being, on the first day the Aroon Down going from 100.00 while the close is either on or just above the lower Bollinger Band and the second day the Aroon Down is now 87.50, you have a Magic Box.

(B) Now, the buy opportunity occurs when the confirmation of two things happens: on day three or few days later the Aroon Down goes to 75.00 and the Williams%R comes above the -50%. That is the buy. The Williams must come through the -50%. It may take more than three days but you must wait for the confirmation of the William%R. I have seen again and again, the Aroon Down come down from 100.00 to zero without the Williams ever crossing the -50%, those are the ones you pass on. There will be no growth when this happens. At most there is consolidation or a small drop. During this process the Aroon Up can rise slowly but without the Williams you have nothing.

There are other Magic Boxes that develop in a stock's life cycle, too, and they, too, can give great growth. These are the supported median, the floating, and the rising Magic Boxes. The buy-in criteria, though, will remain the same for all of them. The Aroon Down comes to the 75.00 and the Williams crosses the -50%. June 7th, 8th, and 9th accomplish this in the HGR chart, though the William%R took until June 13th to confirm. You must wait.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37548
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/19/2005 4:18:35 PM

The Fairy Square

The Fairy Square is very simple in its concept. You need to remember three main things: The Aroon Down at 87.50, the Median Line, or centerline of the Bollinger Band, and the Williams Indicator crossing the -50%.

Now, the first part of the square you need to find the two Magic Box formations. Draw a line from the level of the first Median Line straight down to the Aroon Down 87.50 on both Magic Boxes, mentally. This forms both of your sides of the Fairy Square. Next, go to the Aroon Down 87.50 and draw a line side to side until there is a bottom line of the square is touching both Aroon Downs at 87.50. That forms your bottom. Lastly, draw a line across the top of the square from the Median Line to the second line, forming the square. There is your Fairy Square and, the trend reversal that usually comes with it. The Magic Box setups is key.

On the chart demonstration that D-K so graciously put together for us and annotated, you will see that the sides of the Fairy Square begins and ends from these dates: May 18th to June 8th. The line has been drawn from atop the two Aroon Down indicators at position 87.50 to form the Fairy Square bottom. And, you’ll also see the top being formed by drawing a line from the Median line above the first Magic Box setup to the line coming from the second Magic Box 87.50. What you want to see for an idea that a trend reversal may start is the Upper Bollinger Band piercing the Fairy Square through the top. If it does not pierce the Fairy Square it would indicate that there was more loss to occur in the stock price. Keep watch for the William%R buy confirmation on the second Magic Box. So often the Upper Bollinger Band will continue to fall, even when the stock is beginning to rise. Good luck and God bless.

Kenneth J. Goodrich

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #37549
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/19/2005 4:20:51 PM

Simple rule:

When you want someone to do something, make it as easy as possible for them to do it.

Give them ALL the information that you have and that they will need.

Do NOT make them have to go get it when you have it. Just give it to them.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · magic box<< 1 2 3 4 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.