StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · market top possibly in<< >>Post Follow-up
MARY4MONEY
806 posts
msg #82981
Ignore MARY4MONEY
modified
11/13/2009 8:27:43 AM

the biggest and most accurate indicator of absolute bottom and top reversals is the monthly rsi-2-- on the dollar index uup- the monthly has risen off its dead bottom to 31%0 historicall once a stock or index rises >15% above the zero line-it explosdes up with a 98% accuracy- as you saw what happened in march with the long indexes and stocks-- since the dollar uusally is the inverse of the markets- it usually signifies a market top reversal last time uup was off a bottom reversal in feb 2008 it ran from 22-28 and at the same time the dollar ran 76-90 until oct of 2008--all the major indexes are showing a neg divergence on the monthly rsi-2 which hit a monthly rsi-2 of 98.9-99.7% and at the same time the short etfs are starting to show a pos divergence off there bottoms- but since the market is so strong we could get a double monthly rsi-2 of >99%-just be careful- as we can see this rally has shown that its been purely manipulated- in the last 10 years on the spy there has only been 1 monthly where it hit >99% then retreated to only a low of 65 then went to >99% again--and the market on the spx went from 11225 in 2004 to the 2007 high near 1550-so we maybe getting that again

porti
20 posts
msg #83002
Ignore porti
11/13/2009 12:48:48 PM

Please "someone" translate this?

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #83005
Ignore karennma
11/13/2009 12:54:59 PM

Porti:
In a nutshell:
"all the major indexes are showing a neg divergence on the monthly rsi-2 which hit a monthly rsi-2 of 98.9-99.7% and at the same time the short etfs are starting to show a pos divergence off there bottoms."

=============================================================================================

I don't know what program M4M uses to get "monthly" rsi(2), but his premise is basic ... which is ..
When the monthly rsi(2) hits 98-99%, the market is overbought and ready to reverse.
And of course, at this point, the SHORT ETFS would show a "positive" divergence ... meaning they would start going up.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #83006
Ignore karennma
11/13/2009 1:01:33 PM

Porti:
Furthermore:
"but since the market is so strong we could get a double monthly rsi-2 of >99%-just be careful- as we can see this rally has shown that its been purely manipulated- "
===========================================================================================

Basically means ....
The monthly rsi(2) hitting 99%, doesn't necessarily mean "THE top". The monthly rsi(2) could pullback a little and hit 99% again, thus giving us a double-top.
Since the markets are "manipulated", you can never be too "sure" which top is "THE top".

trendscanner
265 posts
msg #83007
Ignore trendscanner
11/13/2009 1:02:41 PM

Stockcharts dot com has monthly charts. Monthly RSI2 for uup is 1.26 There is a RSI2 diverence on the monthly SPX chart. Monthly RSI2 was near 99 a month ago, SPX dipped and is now making a new high but rsi2 is barely 90.

if the dollar begins a major rally, would that mean it's a good time to short gold?

porti
20 posts
msg #83032
Ignore porti
modified
11/13/2009 7:45:23 PM

Thanks for the explanations karennma and trendscanner. M4m, i am wordless of youre achievements! Keep posting!

I went in QID today average 20.85 and i hope for a pullback of the Markets next week. Lets see what Monday will bring. Stop loss is set to 20. Maybe i got fooled with this trade and we will have a continuing rally, but as m4m say "a double top only happened 1 time in ten years". Thats 10 to 1

The last three months, when the first upleg happened it was a good move to average in to the trade. So i hope this time i am not wrong on this. Should have waited for mondays price action, stop loss could trigger in the first second at market open.
Wish me luck, i need it!

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · market top possibly in<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.