StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · need a good filter for rolling stock.HEELLLPPPP!<< >>Post Follow-up
woofys
212 posts
msg #30599
Ignore woofys
1/11/2004 9:34:27 PM

i NEED A GOOD filter for stocks rolling between 0.05 and 2.25. any help would be appreciated. thanks

cegis
235 posts
msg #30741
Ignore cegis
1/21/2004 3:10:53 PM

How 'bout starting with one of the rolling filters from the home page (called Channel Filters), and adjust accordingly???

C

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #30777
Ignore karennma
1/23/2004 7:19:49 PM

That's fine but to "roll" the stock, you've got to catch a top or bottom. I think his question is how to word the filter to find that buy or sell point.
For example:
show stocks where close is near bottom of 90-day decreasing slope channel

Unfortunately, this doesn't work.
Anyone using channels care to share their filter?

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30780
Ignore txtrapper
1/23/2004 8:44:19 PM

karennma

You can't word a filter to catch the best buy/sell signals. That's done by T/A and a lot of research and reading it took me 13 years to get proficent at stock selection, sure SF has helped a lot because you can narrow your search. A filter can provide you with aspects of the stock, especially volume, price, 50 day MA, 10 day MA, support and resistance for them periods, then you must learn about RSI, and other popular indicators, they can give you information, like overbought and oversold conditions, but even with all these tools, it's the market that tells the tale. You can have the best filter in the world, see Muddy Wallman's filter posted on this site, it narrows down your search a lot, it show's stocks down three days in a row, with good volume, and a price range that is adjustable. If you combine that with a couple of MA's, like MA(10) and MA(50), and RSI(2) you have a winning combination there. I would recommend buying stocks that are above the 50 day MA, that indicates strength. Watch volume, if you see black volume increasing two or three days in a row, and that stock fits in your filter parameters, plug it in, and wait for it to go green "that's what a buy" signal is. A good sell signal is if your stock does not move up in a day or two, or moves down over 3%-5%, that's what I call a "sell signal", there are hundreds of traders here, two Muddy and Keith use a reliable system for them. I have developed a "working" system for myself, thru all the reading and research and experience over the years, you will too, the seasoned traders here all have a system that works for them, I recommend buying and studying Stan Weinstein's book "Secrets for Profeting in Bull and Bear Markets", I bought mine on eBay for a few dollars. Another important factor here, when you have a stock on your watchlist, take a look at it on a 2y/d chart, also a 1y/d chart, you will all of a sudden "get a gut feeling about the stocks performance", there it is in black and white, if a stock has been in an uptrend for say three months after a one year consolidation, that stock has power, and is expected to follow the trend. If you find a stock that the last three months, it has been below it's 50 day MA, don't buy it. I may get a lot of feedback on this last statement, but it's true. Stock selection is an "art" not a science. Post your watchlist here and I will be happy to give you some advice on your picks from my point of view.

TxTrapper

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #30783
Ignore karennma
1/23/2004 10:41:43 PM

TXTrapper:
Funny you should mention posting my watchlist. I went to your bottomlinestocks thread last nite, and was gonna post, but I wasn't sure if it was okay.
Looked like you were the only one posting pics.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #30784
Ignore karennma
1/23/2004 10:43:40 PM

TXTrap:
BTW - are u using Prophetnet for your real-time quotes?

txtrapper
548 posts
msg #30794
Ignore txtrapper
1/24/2004 11:08:02 AM

karennma

Yes, I am using Prophet.net "realtime", and sure you are welcome and encouraged to post here at SF and http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bottomlinestocks/ most of my membership visit here too.

TxTrapper

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · need a good filter for rolling stock.HEELLLPPPP!<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.