StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · profit checker - long only<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
drew9
171 posts
msg #55782
Ignore drew9
10/17/2007 2:01:56 PM

Avery, I did have a chance to watch these this morning and can now see which ones are good candidates. I certainly can see why you like AAPL. Just out of curiosity, how long do you spend trading these? Do you watch for perhaps the first couple hours or most of the day?

Thank you,

Drew

maxbasily
57 posts
msg #55783
Ignore maxbasily
10/17/2007 2:09:08 PM

A. THAT'S NOT HOW I TRADE... I WILL BE IN/OUT FOR A PENNY IF THAT'S ALL I CAN GET. IF THE PRICE STALLS, I AM USUALLY OUT OF THE TRADE.

Q. - and, how often are there 3 (-0.2) stops in a row before a 0.5 gain comes in?

A. THAT'S NOT HOW I TRADE.... I WOULD BE OUT WHEN THE PRICE STOPS GOING MY WAY.

...you know - thatīs whatīs confusing me: you develop great filers based on pure statistics, and then you donīt trade your own filter the way you expose it.
Why???

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #55784
Ignore TheRumpledOne
10/17/2007 2:18:35 PM

Q. how long do you spend trading these?

A. In theory, until I hit my goal. This system was designed so I could with a laptop at the beach and make my taco money in less than an hour. Why waste a good day sitting in front of a computer?

Q. Do you watch for perhaps the first couple hours or most of the day?

A. When I am not at the beach, I am in my office with the computers all day until I get tired or feel like doing something else.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #66341
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
8/18/2008 8:11:58 AM

Fetcher[
/* profit checker - long only */
apply to symlist(aapl,rimm,goog,bidu,wynn)
set{ LongProfit, high - open}
set{Long10, count(longprofit above .10, 100) }
set{Long50, count(longprofit above .50, 100) }
set{Lose, Long10 - Long50}

add column Lose
add column LongProfit
add column Long10
add column Long50

and add column cma(longprofit, 100)

sort column 5 ascending
]

Just click on the fitler and you'll see the statistical results.

Combine this with FADE THE GAP and you have a very profitable trading strategy.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · profit checker - long only<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.