StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · rsi(2) crossover method<< >>Post Follow-up
billkjones
3 posts
msg #31776
Ignore billkjones
4/16/2004 11:21:05 PM

I have had some great results using the filter:rsi(2)crossed above cma(rsi(2),14)and average volume(30)is above 200000.I want to know how to add a phrase to this filter to limit it to stocks where rsi(2)has been below 2.0 within the last 3 days prior to the crossover.I am fairly new to TA.Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31781
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/17/2004 10:40:07 PM

Try this:

Fetcher[Show stocks where the count(rsi(2) BELOW 2, 3) is above 1 and rsi(2)crossed above cma(rsi(2),14) and average volume(30) is above 200000]

MAY ALL YOUR FILLS BE COMPLETE.

I have had some great results using the filter:rsi(2)crossed above cma(rsi(2),14)and average volume(30)is above 200000.I want to know how to add a phrase to this filter to limit it to stocks where rsi(2)has been below 2.0 within the last 3 days prior to the crossover.I am fairly new to TA.Any suggestions on this would be greatly appreciated.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31782
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/17/2004 11:23:46 PM

You know, the funny thing is... you are missing out on the big gains... this filter shows stocks THE DAY AFTER THEY HAVE MOVED!

Buy them when RSI(2) < 2... just wait for them to hold GREEN 20 - 30 minutes after the open, then they should be good to go.

billkjones
3 posts
msg #31797
Ignore billkjones
4/19/2004 8:57:24 AM

Thank you RumpledOne.Unfortunately,most days don't afford me the luxury of being able to trade "live".I enter most of my trades with limit orders placed pre-opening.I really like using rsi(2)and the crossover has gotten me into some profitable trades.Once again,Thanks.

travlr
80 posts
msg #31848
Ignore travlr
4/23/2004 8:26:02 AM

What is CMA? Is that an error and supposed to be SMA?

billkjones
3 posts
msg #31853
Ignore billkjones
4/23/2004 6:27:03 PM

cma=custom moving average.

tdavisfn
13 posts
msg #31855
Ignore tdavisfn
4/24/2004 10:09:10 AM

RumpledOne, do you filter your filtered results, i.e., let's say the RSI(2) filter (presented above in the previous post) returns 19 stocks, do you perform a quality check or some other final filter to decide between them? Do you stay above, below, or within a price range? TIA

Also, I sent you an IM on a filter challenge I'm having, any ideas would be appreciated but off topic for this forum.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #31856
Ignore TheRumpledOne
4/24/2004 2:06:39 PM

Quality Check?

There are many things you can do...

I look at the daily chart, checking for things like positive/negative divergence, position in relation to lower LR and BB, volume fluctuations, candle size, ema crossovers, etc...

I check for news.

I trade premarket, so if the stock had news, and starts to take off, I want to be in before the market opens.

Just keep it simple and don't be greedy.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · rsi(2) crossover method<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.