StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · trading the right stocks by stocksforextradingeducation@gmail.com<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
gloria garrison
23 posts
msg #110227
Ignore gloria garrison
1/16/2013 8:00:52 AM

you are correct this is an after the close search for canidates for the next day's trading. thank you for the kind words. R>G>, good luck and God Bless everyone with wealth and happiness. BYE BYE.

gloria garrison
23 posts
msg #110228
Ignore gloria garrison
1/16/2013 8:51:46 AM

You are correct with the question of this being an after market close research tool. I too might add that my limit of 2_dollars was only subjective as I myself use it at 12_dollars or less, as those stocks seem to do the best as far as making my 4_% threshold. good luck and may God bless you all with wealth and happiness. R>G>..........................Bye Bye.

guru_trader
485 posts
msg #110309
Ignore guru_trader
modified
1/18/2013 2:47:11 AM

"Looks like Mary is back" is right ... LOL ... that was awesom SAFeTRADE

re "this is not Mary!" ... how does Gloria (or Robert), with 6 posts, know who "Mary" is?!

gloria garrison
23 posts
msg #110313
Ignore gloria garrison
modified
1/18/2013 7:41:14 AM

from R>G>, I know that I am not mary; and I had my mother open this account for me while I was in the joint (prison) for the last 15 years in WA., as a bonus for you guys whom want to make stupid comments, might I suggest your using "be a fool . com" to talk crap. now, I take my technical analysis quite seriously, and went to the trouble of writing you guys a working filter and a solid playing management screen; which if followed will yield solid profits if you have discipline to make and follow a set of trading rules. specifically, a take profits percentage exit as well as a stop loss percentage exit. (I use the cost of my trade-buy / sell- plus 4% as my exit unless it is so obvious that a stock is going to go to a specific point at a higher level and then I take 2% lower than that as my trade exit_ I too set my stop loss at 6% but usually will exit much sooner as I can see if it is not going to go as planed, - I try to set my buy at the level of past support / resistance nearest the current price but even I can get it wrong from time to time) now, if yoy checked my filter after the close on 01/17/2013 there were but 3 hits: NEWL, URRE, and KIPS. of these the only clear choice is to buy URRE. as soon as the market opens as it is going back up to 0.60 and above as it just finished wave-1 up and wave-2 down and is just starting wave-3 up (elliott) on big volume. it too made a perfect cup and handle pattern quite visible on the 6-month day chart..........................Question, does anyone have as good of filter as my gift to you, for finding stocks at their lows which are changing from down trend to up trend at their lowest entry level ? if so, why not post it as a challenge to my working filter, or put another way "put up or shut up." now, good trading and God bless us all with wealth and happiness. R>G>.....Bye-Bye.

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #110319
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
1/18/2013 9:08:38 AM

Robert:

You understand that there are unusual similarities in your writing style to another frequent poster here. That is what is leading people to connect you to that individual. However, looking at your filter strategy it is clearly different from Mary's HGI and options strategy.

That being said, I would be concerned about the bid/ask spread on these low cost stocks. If you are targeting a 4% profit that is fine, but I would stay above 5 dollars to help absorb the trading costs (my opinion only). I also like to see some degree of backtesting and mechanical entry/exit to any system I would consider trading. Have you done any backtesting on this system, and if so would you post the results? Always better to have an informed discussion.

gloria garrison
23 posts
msg #110364
Ignore gloria garrison
1/19/2013 11:06:29 PM

To Kevin in GA; nice to see an inteligent trader ask a good question. but sit back one minute and watch what I do (persay) lets say I notice stock XYZ just hit a good support level and rose on volume during the trading day, lets also say it trades in the neighborhood of 0.02 to 0.03 cents on volume of 10,000,000 shares daily and makes this trip in 2 or 3 days time, I'll set an alert to notify me when it gets to its support level then I'll buy a thousand dollars worth (about 50,000 shares) which pays or cost me 5 dollars every 1 hundredth of a cent (0.0001) it moves, which if i buy at say 0.0205 and decide to hold to the resistance level of say 0.0295 I'll net 450.00 dollars on my 1,000.00 investment. ( these are rare), but I keep an ever growing symbol list and tend to buy the stocks with the highest buy side imbalance. I'll play those by my rules of trade execution cost ( buy / sell ) plus 4 % and set a day trade sell order at that amount. ( discipline at work ) once I'm out of my day trade I look for an overnight buy and hold stock that has momentum on the up side. My search is simply for buying a stock to day trade not to buy and hold. ( maximum I'm in for is maby 3-days if the chart looks right, ( no reversal candle with volume on the daily time period, and a big push up during the last 45 minutes of trading for me to buy before the close.) I hope this helps you. God bless and may we all find wealth and happiness. R>G>.

jackmack
334 posts
msg #110486
Ignore jackmack
1/24/2013 11:46:48 AM

Kevin
I was just wondering if there would be a way to combine some of the parameters of your older "5% a week filter" with this one?
Mainly adjusting the below percent below 8 week high (I used 10%) - setting the price above as 5 and volume above 1,000,000 (which I did) - that part is pretty straight forward - BUT what I was wondering is if there would be a way to bring certain aspects of your "5% a week filter" - mainly the application of weighting factors and somehow create a risk score for each candidate. These all have already been down (had a previous drop in price) so the look back for the # of times a drop of 10% may not be needed (or it might - not sure) but I changed the parameters mentioned above and put in a 5% sell stop (manually over differing dates) and this thing is spooky good - so again just wondering if it could be done.
Thank you
Cheers

dustinb
29 posts
msg #110598
Ignore dustinb
modified
1/27/2013 4:06:54 PM

I suggest you ALL run the filter back to Jan 14th, and look at his picks and look at where they are today. From what I can see, all that run on sentence babble was simply a cleverly disguised pump job for SKNY (notice the words "ten bagger" in his picks post). That choice of wording ain't by accident and is used mainly by pinksheet players/pumpers.

C'mon guys. It's not Mary, but it's surely a penny stock con job in my opinion, regardless what is claimed. I mean cheesusriced, his email address alone should have you thinking, "uh oh".

gloria garrison
23 posts
msg #110603
Ignore gloria garrison
1/28/2013 3:32:20 AM

to dustin-b, if you truely look at skny (and i mean a 30 minute chart fir the last ten days as well as back looking the trade size (i.e. watch the volume you would have seen that there is one hell of a lot of buying going on between 11 and 13 and the drop back to 9 is the result of a price manipulator selling under 10-dollars worth of stock to drop the last at the end of the day.0 if you paid attention you too would have also read that skny is a speck stock for me as it is set to report on tuesday and for no known reason a lot of interest began in this stock not at 5 but at 13 and at one point someone was so wanting there 3 million shares that they paid all the way to 50 to get it and i ask you why as there is no news to have made that happen, but we'll see who is right and who is wrong) my filter with a few tweeks will pick stocks at any price range but i wrote it to help out those penny stock traders, buybthe way i called aapl way back in november. what have you done of late that shines a light on your skills? most of these filters posted are trash quite frankly of little or no help to anyone. my filter with only a price adjustment will find better than fair value stocks, and sure some trash stocks always get through. yea, run a back test on my filter but be sure to include the stop loss and the stop and take profits at thr 4% plus trade cost and then bitch about the results if you are able to. my experence tells me your simply jealous of my filter and wish to put it down so you can pick yourself up. kinda sad that you have nothing good to say such as this tweek or that tweek makes it work that much better. and my gmail well it was available so i took it as i am a technical analysist of price charts and i can write a simple program to succeed by. well thanks for your input and I wish you success may God bless us all with wealth and happiness R>G>..BYE BYE.

dustinb
29 posts
msg #110614
Ignore dustinb
modified
1/28/2013 10:41:27 AM

Ok gloria/robert. I'll look it over once again.

StockFetcher Forums · Filter Exchange · trading the right stocks by stocksforextradingeducation@gmail.com<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.