StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · 50 stocks to buy in August<< >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101910
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/1/2011 1:41:36 PM

http://money.msn.com/stock-broker-guided/50-stocks-to-buy-in-august.aspx?GT1=33031

Should be fun to watch

decipherlinda
133 posts
msg #101919
Ignore decipherlinda
8/1/2011 5:47:44 PM

Since MSN published the list to the public, I assume it's okay to provide the list here.

WAT,WPZ,VNR,MJN,NUS,ESL,FAST,NEM,NDSN,HANS,AVY,CLB,VALE,GA,NBL,TKR,OLN,ABX,AGU,KED,FOSL,FLIR,CNK,EQT,ROC,AHGP,DRC,EVEP,HBI,EDU,ICON,CXO,COH,ARLP,NTES,ALB,NOV,COG,CMI,OII,OMG,GG,BGS,CZZ,MCD,CPB,ITC,T,IDA,SRCL,GOOG,SSRI

I cross-referenced it with some other lists I have (IBD Main Tables (5/30) , Barrons 400 (7/6), and the IBD Top 50(week ago) and found four stocks that are in at least two of the three lists:

FOSL,SRCL,HANS,NTES

I've found my best stock lists were developed from finding stocks common to several or more stock lists.

Most of the StockScouter stocks aren't in any of the three lists. So, it looks like the list provides a fresh way of evaluating stock potential. That should make it even more interesting.

It will be interesting to see how the four do too.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #101928
Ignore TheRumpledOne
8/2/2011 11:15:58 AM

Thanks

Fetcher[

symlist(FOSL,SRCL,HANS,NTES)

]

Cacher
121 posts
msg #102033
Ignore Cacher
modified
8/6/2011 9:48:13 AM

Fetcher[
/* 50-stocks-to-buy-in-august */
symlist(WAT,WPZ,VNR,MJN,NUS,ESL,FAST,NEM,NDSN,HANS,AVY,CLB,
VALE,GA,NBL,TKR,OLN,ABX,AGU,KED,FOSL,FLIR,CNK,EQT,ROC,AHGP,
DRC,EVEP,HBI,EDU,ICON,CXO,COH,ARLP,NTES,ALB,NOV,COG,CMI,OII,
OMG,GG,BGS,CZZ,MCD,CPB,ITC,T,IDA,SRCL,GOOG,SSRI )
]

With the financial headlines, market condition resulting in many stop losses being triggerd,

then the panic selling.... now its time to make our picks.

I feel like a kid in a candy store .... everything looks delicious !

.... where is that malo-cup?

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #102055
Ignore johnpaulca
8/7/2011 3:31:31 PM

Source: HRE-50 Weekly...... Report On The EDGE - from Alan Farley's Trading Desk

ABG
ACTG
AKRX
ALXN
AN
ANF
ATHN
AUQ
BBG
BIP
BIRT
CALP
CATM
CBOU
CEF
CERN
CHT
CLH
CROX
DDS
DECK
DPZ
DSW
EE
EXPE
FMX
GMCR
GOLD
HANS
HFC
HLF
HPY
IACI
IAU
MJN
MLNX
MRGE
NLC
NUS
NZT
OCN
PHYS
QCOR
RGLD
RRC
SCLN
SM
TPX
TRLG
VIV

Cacher
121 posts
msg #102059
Ignore Cacher
modified
8/7/2011 7:28:19 PM

...making a list, checking it twice, to see what stocks look naughty or nice..... ok ok ... I know... a little corny. Just wanted to make the list "clickable"
Fetcher[
symlist(ABG,ACTG,AKRX,ALXN,AN,ANF,ATHN,AUQ,BBG,BIP,BIRT,CALP,CATM,CBOU,CEF,CERN,CHT,CLH,CROX,DDS,DECK,DP,
DSW,EE,EXPE,FMX,GMCR,GOLD,HANS,HFC,HLF,HPY,IACI,IAU,MJN,MLNX,MRGE,NLC,NUS,NZT,OCN,PHYS,QCOR,RGLD,
RRC,SCLN,SM,TPX,TRLG,VIV )
]

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #102060
Ignore johnpaulca
8/7/2011 8:53:25 PM

Thanks Cacher.....

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · 50 stocks to buy in August<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.