StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A NEW FORUM DEVOTED TO INDIVIDUAL TRADING LOGS<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #131943
10/17/2016 9:07:49 AM

Great idea! We expect to have something in the next day or two that allows you to create a thread in the "Stock Picks and Trading" section and designate it is "read-only" (or author-post only.) Additionally, we are looking into supporting an author-delete option as well.

While these features will be available for new threads, if there are any existing threads you would like this enabled for (again only in the Stock Picks and Trading section) please let us know and we can handle those existing threads on a case-by-case basis.

Our ultimate goal is to provide a much more seamless method for entering and tracking trades via the forums, as well as an integration with other facets of StockFetcher. We hope to have more details on this in the coming days.

Thank you,
StockFetcher Support

Mactheriverrat
3,135 posts
msg #131959
Ignore Mactheriverrat
modified
10/17/2016 2:05:49 PM

StockFetcher
While your at it. In pop up charts in say picking 6 month or 1 year chart.
Is there any way SF can change its color picker. Like if I want to draw a resistance trend line I can pick say the color green and if I want to draw a support line trend line I can pick the color red.
Thank you
John -Mactheriverrat.

That way one can pick the came color every time.

stockfetcher
979 posts
msg #131978
10/18/2016 8:29:37 AM

The following changes are now available (applies only to the Stock Picks and Trading Forum):

• New threads can be created read only by the author
  • Author of new, non read-only threads can remove posts from others.
  • The time-period for editing posts in this forum has been reduced to 15 minutes

• Again, the first two only apply to new threads in the Stock Picks and Trading forums. If you are the owner of an existing thread and would like to (a) enable these features (b) move into this particular forum, please let us know.

Thank you,
    StockFetcher Support

Kevin_in_GA
    4,599 posts
    msg #131986
    Ignore Kevin_in_GA
    10/18/2016 11:02:40 AM

Fantastic - this meets my objectives, and hopefully others will see this as an opportunity to better manage their activity on these forums. Thanks.

c1916
    77 posts
    msg #132052
    Ignore c1916
    10/21/2016 3:10:41 PM

Kevin I see that you've started to post your individual trades. Since the originator has the ability to make a thread read-only, where would one go to post questions or commentary should the originator be open to those discussions. For example, regarding your specific post, I am interested in how you arrived at the ranges used (more specifically the deltas from current price that you used to arrive at the opening position). Where would I go to ask a question like that without, I guess, opening up such a thread to the personal commentary that would detract from it's use?

Kevin_in_GA
    4,599 posts
    msg #132054
    Ignore Kevin_in_GA
    10/21/2016 7:54:17 PM

I use www.unclebobsmoney.com. Very useful site if you are interested in high probability options trades. Truth is you can just look up the deltas for the sold (inner) strikes as these must not be breached in order to have the spreads expire profitably. All of the data is readily found at any decent broker site, but I would advocate using www.unclebobsmoney.com as a good means of finding and monitoring these trades.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A NEW FORUM DEVOTED TO INDIVIDUAL TRADING LOGS<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
    EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.