StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A Stock With Room To Grow<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up
TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29761
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/9/2003 3:06:03 PM

"JoeGrossinger 11/9/2003 11:27:10 AM

ccdanson, Avery and Zuber clearly illustrate why its a waste of time to try and discuss TA. Unless one clucks and coos approvingly to the posts, it turns into a insult contest.
I think ccdanson though is on the right track. I'm not going to waste anymore time either. Why should I?
I buy and sell my stocks without any of you and I'm sure you do the same without my advice, so why bother?"

So in other words those who don't agree with Joe G. are a waste of time. Very interesting! All one has to do is to visit Joe G.'s board if they want to see insults and/or be insulted.

I am so happy you have decided to stop wasting your time, Joe G. I look forward to seeing that. Let's see if it really happens and for how long.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29763
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/9/2003 3:09:02 PM

"JoeGrossinger 11/6/2003 3:04:17 PM

Good luck, my chart says ANCC is headed lower."

ANCC up 8% today...LMAO!!!

Yes, you are right, Joe G., don't waste your time, anymore!!

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29769
Ignore EWZuber
11/10/2003 4:03:56 AM

I had a friend that had totally opposite technical opinions from mine about the market for a long time.
Since sometime around April his high dollar Elliiot Wave news letter said the market was about to test the Oct. lows and the drop should commence any day.

I disagreed completely because the Combination of phase relationships of stochastics, MAs ( long term in particular ) and trendlines supported a move to test resiatance at around 2,100 ~ 2,400.
I gave him my reasons and he gave me his with lots of fundamental information to support his technical view. We never argued over it.
Our politics couldn't be further apart either. But we didn't argue over it.
Matter of fact we had a shared trading account.
When he lost $3K in options trading we never argued over it and it was resolved to everyones liking.

You are completely wrong.
I have been discussing TA on Raging Bull for years and have only had to ignore two or three posters there over a period of 5 years and well over 5,000 posts.

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #29770
Ignore TheRumpledOne
11/10/2003 8:47:42 AM

EWZuber:

NVDA cranking up in premarket today...

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29774
Ignore EWZuber
11/10/2003 12:45:07 PM

From Saturdays post,
"The 15 DMA is still flat and suitable as support. I suspect bullish traders won't waste that opportunity and will attempt to drive DCUT to rise or gap above the 15 DMA to test it as support. If this is going to happen it needs to happen fairly soon before the MA turns down"

Today it did just that.
DCUT is now trading between two short term Trendlines. One as resistance $0.99 and the other as support at $0.90.
With daily chart stochastics fast & slow lines converging it looks fairly good.
25 DMA now at $0.97.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29778
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/10/2003 2:09:50 PM

Zuber, you and I seemingly take a totally different approach to TA.
Good job on NVDA, the patient investor would have cleaned up had he bought when you first posted on it.

DCUT is going a bit slower than I had expected but is still moving up and so I am still in it. The double bottom on this stock is really impressive and that is what I go by. Yes, there is a lot of resistance in the .10 area but once it gets above .14 it should be clear sailing. That is about 40% from now and could take at least two more weeks.

JoeGrossinger
165 posts
msg #29781
Ignore JoeGrossinger
11/10/2003 4:24:27 PM

Sold 50% of my DCUT at .095 and bought FAOO at 1.15 with it.
The idea is that DCUT is very close to seriously short term overbought and FAOO is definitely oversold, so I did the switch with the idea of selling FAOO this week for a tidy profit and then reinvesting that back into DCUT for perhaps .085 or so.
At least that's the plan.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29784
Ignore EWZuber
11/10/2003 6:33:11 PM

End of day charts show DCUT closed at $0.095 even though intraday charts show a close of $0.10.
Using end of day data DCUT closed right on the 50 HR.MA in a Neutral overbought/oversold condition (5,3) @ 50.
A 4 day Resistance trendline was broken on Friday and with Daily chart stochastics showing a convergence of fast and slow lines confirms the trendline break as a beginning of a new accumulation phase.

With Accuumulation likely beginning and the 15 DMA holding nicely as support the odds favor an attempt at a break above a 14 day resistance trendline now at $0.097 ( & falling ). In the short term this is the one that counts.

The problem lies in the fact that the 25 DMA is still in too steep of a downtrend to suffice as support. So it seems likely that if the stock does break higher it will test resistance at previous cycle highs at $0.109 or $0.13.
This will tend to flatten out the 25 DMA so that when the stock settles down there will be support to hold it there and the stock could move higher from this new support.
The other option seems to be a retest of the 15 DMA @ $0.092 or Trendline support at $0.086 but at this time seems less likely. JMHO

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29810
Ignore EWZuber
11/11/2003 5:16:23 PM

The synergy of the trendline break and converging stochastic fast and slow lines was enough to push DCUT considerably higher.
This is just what the stock needed to get some work done on the chart and set the stage for further bullish development.
Todays move will have a impact on the 25 DMA and has already started to flatten it out so that it can serve as support.
We also have the 15 DMA that is support here.
It was expected that the stock would test the intraday high of 10/21 & 10/22 at $0.13 as resistance but instead tested the closing high at $0.12.

The supporting trendline formed from todays move was broken near the end of the session but not violated. So this is still a hold, IMO.

Tomorrow I would expect a test of $0.13 and possibly the 50 DMA @ $0.144.
This stock is so long term oversold that if the company can come out with improvements in their top and bottom lines then I believe this one could really go places. But thats JMHO.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #29823
Ignore EWZuber
11/12/2003 11:38:59 AM

DCUT tested $0.13 ( $0.127 is close enough ) as resistance this morning and so far it has held as resistance.
This tentatively forms a double top pattern. Also the stock is mildly overbought and has broken and violated the supporting trendline formed on the hourly chart @ $0.12 ~ $0.115 during the 10:30 candlestick and confirmed with stochastics.
This is where I would take my profits. JMHO

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · A Stock With Room To Grow<< 1 ... 2 3 4 5 6 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.