StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Analyze Stock bug?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
jatin9
10 posts
msg #190
Ignore jatin9
12/3/2002 11:56:43 AM

Hi,
I was running your Analyze Stock facility on SHRP.
In one of the Bearish Matching indicators, it was listed that the Slow Stochastic(13) %K is overbought. Looking at the chart though, the Slow Stohcastic(13) %K was actully below 50. How is that overbought?
Regards,

tomb
267 posts
msg #192
Ignore tomb
12/3/2002 1:40:29 PM

Hi,

Good catch, that is definitely a bug on our behalf. If you notice on the charts, the actual periods for the Stochastics are not changing for the different stochastic matches -- it is just drawing the match for the Fast Stochastic(5).

We will look into this problem and post an update when we have fixed it!

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

tomb
267 posts
msg #193
Ignore tomb
12/3/2002 3:43:52 PM

Hi,

We wanted to let you know that the problem with the different Bearish stochastic measures has been fixed. Please let us know if you continue to see any problems!

Thank you,

Tom
StockFetcher.com Support

jatin9
10 posts
msg #194
Ignore jatin9
12/4/2002 10:12:52 AM

Hi!
Thanks for the update.
I believe the problem still persists, although in a different category.
I ran an Analyze on CSCO. The matching bullish indicator shows Slow Stochastic(5) as oversold. From the chart, the Slow Stochastic(5) is actually around 45, which I believe is not oversold.
Regards,
Jatin

tomb
267 posts
msg #195
Ignore tomb
12/4/2002 10:21:21 AM

Hi,

I believe that the Oversold Stochastic measure actually looks at the %K line below 20, as opposed to the slower, %D line. You are definitely correct that the %D is about or above 45, but I believe that the %K has crossed below 20.

Hopefully that makes some sense. It is possible that we have made an error by looking at the %K instead of the slower %D when judging the oversold/overbought criteria. If this is the case, please let us know and we will look into that further.

Thank you again for bringing this to our attention!!

Tom.

dsafari
43 posts
msg #205
Ignore dsafari
12/5/2002 4:43:33 AM

Since I have being a member at stockfetcher I have wondered what the bullish and bearish analysis really is? I never get anything listed in either the bullish or bearish analysis summary. Can you please enlighten me what sort of things are covered in the analysis? I find it hard to believe that all the stocks I look at on the ASX have no bullish or bearish indicators :)

Thanks in advance for any insights provided.

tomb
267 posts
msg #208
Ignore tomb
12/5/2002 9:14:41 AM

Hi,

The bullish/bearish matches is a set of a couple-dozen filters that are applied to symbols you enter in the "Analyze" section. Any positive matches are listed and you can view the appropriate charts. The basic filters are:

• RSI thresholds
  • proximity to upper or lower bollinger bands
  • Fast/Slow Stochastic thresholds
  • etc...

I just checked a couple sample ASX stocks and was able to get some positive hits. If you enter NAB in the Analyze box on the front page or visit this link, you should see your filters applied at the top of the page. Followed by a chart of NAB. Right below the chart will be some Bullish and Bearish filter matches.

Please note: clicking the link above will change your market to the Australian market. If necessary, you may need to return to the main StockFetcher page and click on the appropriate flag to return to your market. Also, it is possible that a couple days from this post, there will be no Bullish/Bearish matches for NAB! :-)

If you do not see anything listed under the last section, please let us know!

Thank you again for the feedback!

Tom
    StockFetcher.com Support

• dsafari
    43 posts
    msg #209
    Ignore dsafari
    12/5/2002 5:00:49 PM

Thanks for looking into that tomb. I am amazed to see so many bullish and bearish matches for NAB. This is the first security I have seen in the ASX that has any matches there. Most of the securities I look at are a lower cost (the 20c - $10 range), would this have any bearing on the analysis? Maybe I am just looking at really boring securities :)

Thanks again

dsafari
    43 posts
    msg #219
    Ignore dsafari
    12/6/2002 7:06:32 PM

Hello stockfetcher team,

There seems to be a defect when you are analyzing a security and you click on any of your 3m, 6m, 1yr filter links. It will then fire up a new window and proceed to draw the chart for that security under that filtering criteria. Where the defect lies though is that the personal chart settings are not being applied such as the size of the chart and the scale to be log.

dsafari
    43 posts
    msg #236
    Ignore dsafari
    12/9/2002 3:11:30 PM

Stockfetcher team,

Do you need more info regarding this defect? It can be so hard to see a 1yr chart at that small level of detail.

Thanks in advance

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Analyze Stock bug?<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
    EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.