StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anyone else having problems this morning?<< >>Post Follow-up
ImperialWhazoo
26 posts
msg #70326
Ignore ImperialWhazoo
1/2/2009 11:22:03 AM

Hi everyone. Happy New Year etcetera etcetera...

Listen, I have 5 computers I use in my daytrading but on each one that I try this morning, I get no charts when I run any of my fiters. This just manifested itself in the last 45 minutes or so (20:23 AM Central Time 01/02/09)

Is anyone ellse experiencing problems displaying what ordinarily displays on the running of a filter?

ImperialWhazoo

Walid
130 posts
msg #70327
Ignore Walid
1/2/2009 11:25:09 AM

Works OK for me on two different machines. Did you change any firewall settings in your router?

ImperialWhazoo
26 posts
msg #70328
Ignore ImperialWhazoo
modified
1/2/2009 11:29:36 AM

Zippo. Not one thing differs from before.
EDITED: Periodic retries have born fruit. Back in the saddle. Apparently a temporary outage of unknown cause. Thanx.

IW

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #70329
Ignore johnpaulca
1/2/2009 11:30:45 AM

No updates for SF filters today. Tomb and the boys are hung over.

ImperialWhazoo
26 posts
msg #70330
Ignore ImperialWhazoo
modified
1/2/2009 12:09:02 PM

Thanx johnpaulca -
I see what you are telling me.... the intraday stuff I usually view as a part of my routine methiodology prior to a buy or sell is fouled up due to the lack of data that represents what has happened thusfar today. All I get is yesterday's closing chart displaying. Yuk.... worthless. And the bad part is that I have a visitor who wanted to see Stockfetcher in use. He would have been sold on subscribing except for the fact that the displays are dead data, for all intents and purposes. Well done, Stockfetcher corporate. Smooth move guys.

ImperialWhazoo

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #70331
Ignore petrolpeter
modified
1/2/2009 12:23:41 PM

To bad because theres a heck of a short squeeze over the last 3 -4 sessions.Oil stuff along with materials along with a slight sell(long TBT) of bonds.FCX is typical with 12% and green bars from the open.Exciting times.

budandann
14 posts
msg #70334
Ignore budandann
1/2/2009 1:59:19 PM

I am having problems also. At first I was just getting data through 12/31/08 but then, after a while, I started getting up to date, intraday data on my filters.
The wierd thing is that now when I set my backtesting back to end on 12/31/08, I still get nonsense results ... like all open and close prices show as 160927568.00.
Please don't give the Stockfetcher folks too much trouble here during the Holidays. 99+% of the time they do a fantastic job. I can't imagine what I would do without Stockfetcher. Using this service for filtering/backtesting I was able to execute a short term trading strategy that netted me a 50.2% increase for the calendar year 2008 ... real, realized gains ... not just theoretical. This while the overall market was going down 30 to 40%. WAY TO GO STOCKFETCHER!!!

springhill
74 posts
msg #70335
Ignore springhill
1/2/2009 2:25:28 PM

I am having same issue as butanddann is having.

Charts are no good and data is carried out to umpteen places. Not any good.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Anyone else having problems this morning?<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.