StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Attn: Newbies!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
karennma
8,057 posts
msg #110536
Ignore karennma
1/25/2013 11:17:08 AM

gmg733
251 posts
msg #110529
- gmg733 1/25/2013 10:59:48 AM
I was revisiting this, what do you do if a stock just takes off at the open assuming there is no gap. Is that just one you missed that day?
Thnx
====================================================================

I CAN'T chase stocks. I'm not fast enuf.
Sometimes I post in "puns". For example, last week I posted "If you're not ON the RIMM train, you're under it".
I have to follow my indicators and get IN before the move occurs.
Like NFLX for example.
I was looking at OTHER stocks when NFLX took off. I missed the run -- obviously because I missed the signal.
While I was busy f*#!(*g OFF, watching other stocks, typing messages and writing filters, I should've been watching my own stuff (NFLX & RIMM only) on the chart.
This is exactly why I do NOT trade multiple stocks. I cannot follow them all.
TRO & JP can do that, because they're fast and smart. I'm slow and stupid. hahahaha.
Geezus Cripe! As I'm typing this NFLX is up 21.71.
OMG!
It's like like hunting (deer, rabbit, whatever) ... once it's gone -- it's gone.
You gotta SIT and wait for the next one.
I'm done for the day.
:>(

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #110537
Ignore karennma
1/25/2013 11:35:15 AM

That was a horrible analogy.
I LOVE all animals and do NOT hunt.
I should've said it's like catching a bus or a train ... once you've missed it, .. you're late.
You'll just have to wait ... for the next opportunity.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #110543
Ignore karennma
1/25/2013 12:01:06 PM

Quilln
20 posts
msg #110525
- Quilln 1/25/2013 10:50:45 AM
Karen,
How do I trade RIMM since October 3rd, 2012
http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=RIMM&p=D&yr=0&mn=4&dy=0&id=p77296799681
Quilln-
===============================================================

Go find Milk the Cows by TRO.
Study TRO's filters, and read JP's posts in Intraday.
Honestly, you have to read, read, read to learn, learn, learn.
IMHO, the best filters are by TRO, Muddy & WallStreetGenius.
Ahhhh yes! And then theres - Mary4Money or Optionplayer333 or Lerogee or ...
Muddy & WSG's stuff might be gone, as they haven't been here in years.
THAT is why I was looking for my notebook binder last nite.
:>(
Oh! And BTW ... Don't make the mistake I made today. If you're new, don't follow a whole bunch of stuff.
Find ONE stock (or two) and trade it.
The stock must have enuf volatility, so that on a VERY SMALL move, you can cash out.
For example:
NFLX - the grand duchess
BIDU
ISRG
RIMM
PCLN
CMG

Good luck!
:>)

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #110545
Ignore karennma
1/25/2013 12:09:25 PM

@ Q,
HLF also has good volatility.
I personally would NOT trade it, 'cause when I think of HLF, I think of NutriSystem.
ugh!

Quilln
116 posts
msg #110547
Ignore Quilln
1/25/2013 12:15:35 PM

Karen,

re: RIMM

I guess it is back to the drawing boards and read the information you noted.

best regards,
Quilln -

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #110550
Ignore karennma
1/25/2013 1:14:31 PM

Q,
JP threw us a bone - B YUM @ $64.38, S YUM @ 64.99.
That daily RIMM chart you posted from stockcharts cannot be used for daytrading.
You must use 1,2,3,5,10 or 15. min charts.
Switch to minute charts, then follow his trades here.
YUM was a good one -- 'cause you could see where it was going.
Thanks, JP.
$$$

Quilln
116 posts
msg #110683
Ignore Quilln
1/29/2013 11:57:43 AM

Karen,

re: Day, Swingtrade, Scalping
re: MTC
re: Simplicity
re: Bread and Butter

Only using the MTC as background information.

The TOS charts are more simplistic and easy to read in 300 milliseconds (a blink of an eye).

I use the TOS (think or swim) software charts from TD Ameritrade using the LBR-studies with the 13 ema and 50ema moving averages 1day 1 minute charts.

As "TheRumpleOne" says, wait and wait as to go long or short per the xovers. That freakin simple and as he says, its "boring" making money all day long. Werks for me.

Watch up to 6 stocks at a time 2high 3wide per the MTC

re: LBR - Linda Brandford Raschke which she can be located at lbrgroup dot com. I have learned alot from her.

Linda Raschke, wrote a program for the TOS people about a year ago using one of her day and scalping techniques.

Now, for the Bread and Butter program for SCALPING stocks all day long.

For real time Scalping and Day Trading, I use the WFRT Scalper (worlds first real time). The World's Only real-time scalper.

http://thinkswimindicators.com/ kruz on down until you see information along the left hand side just below the Indian who gives you a scalp or two. I think the bars are 3 minutes apart as a default.

The program works with the TOS charting service with the standard colours. I still use the 13/50ema's as background info. However, can still use the 13/50ema's if need be to execute the trade. Removed a lot of noice and chatter to simply show the up and down arrows, the bar counts, as well as the long and short indicators using the KISS method. Watch up to 6 stocks at a time 2high 3wide charts / page. Can switch to a single chart if need be. Today (1/29/13), playing with MCD. $94.05 with a low bubble right out of the gate and a high bubble of $94.87 indicating that the stock is about to fall. Then again, prepared for a possible headfake.

And finally, I use the KST TSI indicators list that was written by "CHEESE" for me and the rest of the users. I broke it down into to separate forms. KST list and also the KST/TSI list. The KST list will show stocks that take off for kwik profits over a short period of time.

Once a chart appears, you can scan to the left as see the xover then look up to the chart to see the results. Just amazin as it takes off.

Here are the rules for the KST or TSI

re: Quilln 1/24/2013 12:05:18 AM | message # 11064

Pecking order of finding stocks via the KST or TSI.

The Philosophy is to make a little money on each trade and then get out.

1. Screen stocks that have a volume over 750K or more shares traded in the current day. (no execeptions)

2. Screen for all stocks from $5-$60

3. Screen for stocks greater than 2.5% change

4. Be prepared to take profits after 3%. Remember, we are Traders and not Investors.

Trading:

For kwik trading, trade 1000 shares at a time and look for $ .250 to $ .750 points. Want to get in and get out fast--in one day.
Trying to make a couple of thousand dollars a week.

Calm trading, trade 500 or 1000 or more shares at a time and look for $0.51 to $1.26. The last digit is for the commish.
Want to get in and out in an orderly fashion.

One last thougth and that this "Know your Exit before entering a trade !!"

Happy hunting , enjoy the journey and see ya around the campus.

Quilln - A poor church mouse scratching for a living.

karennma
8,057 posts
msg #110689
Ignore karennma
1/29/2013 3:05:07 PM

@Q,
Hope you bought RIMM this morning, sweetie.
:>)
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Quilln
116 posts
msg #110694
Ignore Quilln
1/29/2013 4:09:26 PM

Karen,

Got on and off the bus all day. A very nice trading day.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #110696
Ignore johnpaulca
1/29/2013 4:17:51 PM

lots of action at the open...love earning season.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Attn: Newbies!<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.