StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Auto/Mechanical Trading<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up
vic1
21 posts
msg #63331
Ignore vic1
6/4/2008 10:00:42 AM

Thanks Ludo,
I checked out Saxobank.com, but I just opened an account with
TradeStaion and will stay with them for now. Thanks for posing your
filters.

Vic

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #63337
Ignore nikoschopen
6/4/2008 11:40:27 AM

Quote from vic1:

I have the same question with TradeStation. I would like to place a limt order then a trailing stop and a stop loss from their Matrix window.

It's been a while since I left TS and I don't remember seeing Matrix offered at that time. Be that as it may, Matrix is a DOM (depth-of-market) platform that's geared more towards those who trade futures than stocks. It would be more suitable trade using Level II if ure a stock trader.

As to ure question about placing two separate orders, you will need to manually send an OCO of both trailing stop and stop loss orders once ure limit order is filled.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #63338
Ignore nikoschopen
6/4/2008 11:45:17 AM

BTW if you really want to have the ability to use sophisticated order entry for the DOM, I suggest that you look into Ninja Trader.

vic1
21 posts
msg #63343
Ignore vic1
6/4/2008 2:54:57 PM

Niko,
Thanks for the reply. TS Matrix now covers equities as well. They have a simulator that is real time so if no TS users responds I can plug away with the simulator until I find out how to get orders entered correctly.
I have not traded before but after spending a lot of time on this site I'm
about ready to get my feet wet.

Vic

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Auto/Mechanical Trading<< 1 2 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.