StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Averaging a Column's Results Question<< >>Post Follow-up
pirate67
99 posts
msg #89213
Ignore pirate67
3/6/2010 4:50:56 PM

Is it possible, other than loading to a spreadsheet, to take the results of a column and find the average? I am trying to run the same filter daily on a watch list and want to see how the average of an indicator changes.

chetron
2,817 posts
msg #89214
Ignore chetron
3/6/2010 5:49:13 PM

NEWP

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #89221
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/6/2010 8:02:42 PM

Why not just use the moving average function?

Example

set{custommovingav, CMA(indicator of choice,10)}

this would give you a 10 day MA of that indicator

or you can simply set up columns as part of the filter

add column indicator

add column indicator 1 day ago

and so on. Each one will also export in the .csv file

you can also use the slope function if all you care about is the value crossing 0:

add column slope of indicator

pirate67
99 posts
msg #89230
Ignore pirate67
3/7/2010 12:29:36 AM

Thanks for your answers. Allow me to clarify what I am looking for.
My indicator is the var8 below. After applying the filter to a watch list like the Investors Business Daily 100, I will get 100 different values for var8 in a column. I want to average these on a daily basis and then see if there is a relationship that I can use as a market direction indicator.

I have been experimenting with this indircator and found that it is very useful as a primary screen. Readings of 9 and above on individual stocks have a high probability of gains of around 10% in 2-15 days.

set{dsc, count(double stochastic(10,3) below 10,1)}

set{dlwr, count(close below close one day ago, 5)}

set{adxp,+DI(7)}
set{adxn,-DI(7)}
set{adxpc, count(adxp crossed above adxn, 3)}

set{accdis, count(accumulation distribution above accumulation distribution one day ago, 2)}
set{lrisc, count(slope of LRI(5) > 0,1)}
set{pvtc, count(slope of pvt > 0,1)}

set{ccic, count(CCI(14) is below -100, 1)}

set{rsi2c, count(rsi(2) below 10,3)}
set{cogc, count(cog(5) crossed above 0 from below, 3)}
set{var1, dsc + dlwr}
set{var2, var1 + rsi2c}
set{var3, var2 + adxpc}
set{var4, var3 + cogc}
set{var5, var4 + accdis}
set{var6, var5 + lrisc}
set{var7, var6 + pvtc}
set{var8, var7 + ccic}

add column var8

Kevin_in_GA
4,599 posts
msg #89239
Ignore Kevin_in_GA
3/7/2010 2:43:16 PM

I do not think this can currently be done in SF.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Averaging a Column's Results Question<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.