StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Barchart Market Momentum Index Chart<< >>Post Follow-up
mystiq
650 posts
msg #101057
Ignore mystiq
modified
6/4/2011 1:13:54 AM

Extreme Momentum Readings

This chart below provides the momentum of the market. I think of it as the rubber band effect. If the market selling momentum is strong enough then it pulls this indicator down to a level which it cannot go much further before it gives way and moves back a neutral or positive extreme level.

This little hidden gem of an indicator can help time entry and exit points with ease once you understand it. Currently it’s telling us that a pause or bounce is likely to happen soon.

BARCHART MARKET MOMENTUM

http://www.stockfetcher.com/cgi-bin/popquote.pl?sym=^bcmm&id=7981256&period=default&did=9135

These panic indicators are looking ready for a bounce and I feel we could be nearing not a bounce but an intermediate bottom and higher prices going forward. But if we break strongly below this support level then all bets are off and much lower prices should occur.

In short, this week’s sharp move lower has put the market in a short term oversold condition. Meaning, a bounce is very likely to take place within the next 1-3 sessions. With the masses selling all their positions in stocks and commodities it generally takes 1-3 days after a day like this for the selling pressure to dissipate and for value buyers to step back into the market providing support.

I think both stocks and commodities will strengthen in the next few days and we will see if the market can get some traction and start a new rally. But until everyone has sold out of the market giving their shares to the big money (smart money) at a sharp discount I feel we have a rough road ahead.

http://www.bigtrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Chart2-4.jpg

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Barchart Market Momentum Index Chart<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.