StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Boolean NOT problem<< >>Post Follow-up
builderer
13 posts
msg #43819
Ignore builderer
5/17/2006 3:24:13 PM

I'm not getting stockfetcher to recognize this sell condition.

In backtesting....

I want to give IFT(7,9) 2 days to rise above -.4 from the time of the BUY. If it does not rise above -.4... I wish to close the trade (sell).

I am using....... set{endtrend,count(IFT(7,9) is above -.4,2} and
'endtrend equal 0' for a sell condition.

Am I correct that the count statement will be either 0,1 or 2. If 0 I wish to close the trade?

Is it better to keep the period at 1 and rephrase the close instruction to 'endtrend equal 0 for last 2 days'?

I thank all in advance.......

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #43852
Ignore nikoschopen
5/18/2006 1:33:14 PM

More often than not we, here at Stockfetcher, transgress by committing a sin of omission. You too have left out the closing parenthesis in the "count" function. Welcome to the club!

builderer
13 posts
msg #43957
Ignore builderer
5/20/2006 10:00:23 PM

I'm not worthy!!..........TY, unfortunately I found this error after I posted.

In backtester.....I am unable to get SF to recognize (end the trade....Sell) when IFT does not rise above X in Y days. (See first post.). (Adding the missing parenthesis), can someone test and verify 'endtrend < 1' as a Exit trigger? I've tried 'endtrend equal 0' as well....no response.

I am looking for a way to cut short trades that just drift south.

Thank you nikoschopen, Thanks to all in advance.

builderer
13 posts
msg #43996
Ignore builderer
5/21/2006 5:40:21 PM

In backtester.........The problem lies with the Exit trigger. How do I phrase the exit trigger to say something like: IFT(7,9) is equal to 0 for 2 days SINCE THE BUY.

I can get endtrend to plot...everything correct. It plots the entire chart including before the buy. Could the problem be that at the buy endtrend (2 day) is already 0 (a sell condition)?

How do I phrase IFT(7,9) is equal to 0 for 2 days SINCE THE BUY.

Thanks all......in advance.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #43999
Ignore nikoschopen
5/21/2006 6:07:47 PM

Unless you post the entry filter, it's difficult to say how exit filter fits into the overall picture. But when I screened for stocks based solely on ure conditional statements, SF cranked out 5839 results. Hence, I'm led to believe that there must be something other than these conditionals alone that is throwing throwing dirt in ure face. If you don't mind, post the COMPLETE backtest settings, including entry/exit criteria as well as indicators and advanced settings used, if any.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Boolean NOT problem<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.