StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Boolean NOT<< >>Post Follow-up
builderer
13 posts
msg #43684
Ignore builderer
5/12/2006 11:47:27 PM

New user: I am trying use TRO's boolean workaround and can not get it to work. I read extensively in the forum, yepher/stockfetcher/command.html, and the user guide. I see examples of similar applications, but can not get SF to acknowledge and respond. Can a "wise man" take a look and tell me how to finesse this:

Sort:
set{endtrend,count(IFT(7,9) is less than 0.7,1)}

Sell filter:
endtrend equal 0

If the indicator (IFT(7,9)) stays above .7 for 2 days after a sell (short), I want to buy (ending the trade).

TheRumpledOne
6,407 posts
msg #43690
Ignore TheRumpledOne
modified
5/13/2006 12:42:15 PM

Step #1

Fetcher[
set{ endtrend , count(IFT(7,9) below 0.7 , 1) }

add column IFT(7,9)

endtrend equal 1

close above 20
volume above 1000000

]

"If the indicator (IFT(7,9)) stays above .7 for 2 days after a sell (short), I want to buy (ending the trade). "

I am not exactly sure what you want.

Your set statment is counting IFT below .7 but your selection criteria is selection IFT above .7!?!?!?

HTH.

builderer
13 posts
msg #43695
Ignore builderer
5/13/2006 4:25:53 PM

Thank you!! for the clairification.

I want to give IFT(2,7) 2 days to fall below 0.7. If it does not... I wish to close the trade (buy).

Do I need to extend the period in count (IFT(2,7) below .7,2) and use 'endtrend equal 0' as the trade ending command? The count statement will be either 0,1 or 2. If 0 I wish to close the trade. Is this correct?

or keep the period at 1 and rephrase the close instruction (endtrend equal 0 for last 2 days)?

TRO, I thank you in advance.......

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Boolean NOT<< >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.