StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bull vs. Bear in a cage match to the death<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up
betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #59952
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
2/25/2008 9:46:24 PM

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59953
Ignore nikoschopen
2/25/2008 11:10:16 PM

Technically speaking, we might have broken out of the pennant. But this was in direct response to Ambac and its AAA rating. I, along with many other traders, am very skeptical at best about the recent charade surrounding this crap that makes no sense. But as they say, "go with the flow". FWIW

luc1grunt
622 posts
msg #59954
Ignore luc1grunt
2/26/2008 6:53:17 AM

I'd be a little more convinced if we get 2-3 days of confirmation of the breakout.

EWZuber
1,373 posts
msg #59962
Ignore EWZuber
modified
2/26/2008 12:33:01 PM

The way I see it the 'newz' was just a ruse. It was a cover for a reason for the market to move higher, something that the talking heads could attribute the move to and Big Money used the newz as a signal for their partners in crime to buy in concert.
IMO

TrendSurfer
109 posts
msg #59965
Ignore TrendSurfer
modified
2/26/2008 12:53:59 PM

petrolpeter
439 posts
msg #59966
Ignore petrolpeter
2/26/2008 1:13:58 PM

Back up two years and it's the right side of a head and shoulders.

betyerbottomdollar
169 posts
msg #59969
Ignore betyerbottomdollar
2/26/2008 2:03:45 PM

Hey Trendsurfer,

I have held SDS on and off for the last six months. I like the idea of a double the inverse etf, but have found that SDS often fails to deliver. On some days the fund did the opposite of what it should have, falling when the s&p declined for the day. On others, it should have had a 2% move in the black and didn't even match the s&p. No thanks...too unpredictable in a predictable market. I am out of the ultra funds.

My $$ is pretty safe with gld, uso (I hope) and FRO (cause ya gotta love 15% divy!) I will get back into trading when the bull market returns.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #59984
Ignore nikoschopen
2/26/2008 7:27:40 PM

Quote from EWZuber:

The way I see it the 'newz' was just a ruse. It was a cover for a reason for the market to move higher, something that the talking heads could attribute the move to and Big Money used the newz as a signal for their partners in crime to buy in concert.
IMO

Yahoo! Finance headline reads

Worries Grow for Worse 'Stagflation'

Excuse my unwholesome French, but "no shit, sherlock!" Even an idiot like me who follows the market solely based on charts can't help but raise my eyebrows for all the right reasons. When I went to buy some roast beef at a local grocery store, I was shocked to find the damn price soared more than twofold over the last two months.

johnpaulca
12,036 posts
msg #59986
Ignore johnpaulca
2/26/2008 8:19:48 PM

Niko...that's because the beef in Alberta cost more for you guys with the exchange rate. I just BBQ some great Alberta prime rib that was aged for 21 days...yum.

nikoschopen
2,824 posts
msg #60000
Ignore nikoschopen
2/27/2008 11:07:28 AM

I can tell you that neither Bernanke nor any of his mad cow cohorts are invited to my BBQ bash. I swear inflation will go through the roof.

StockFetcher Forums · General Discussion · Bull vs. Bear in a cage match to the death<< 1 2 3 >>Post Follow-up

*** Disclaimer *** StockFetcher.com does not endorse or suggest any of the securities which are returned in any of the searches or filters. They are provided purely for informational and research purposes. StockFetcher.com does not recommend particular securities. StockFetcher.com, Vestyl Software, L.L.C. and involved content providers shall not be liable for any errors or delays in the content, or for any actions taken based on the content.

Copyright 2022 - Vestyl Software L.L.C.Terms of Service | License | Questions or comments? Contact Us
EOD Data sources: DDFPlus & CSI Data Quotes delayed during active market hours. Delay times are at least 15 mins for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and Amex. Delayed intraday data provided by DDFPlus

This site is protected by reCAPTCHA and the Google Privacy Policy and Terms of Service apply.